Free cancellation until 03/08
US$ 148
HIExpress.com
US$ 130
ComfortInn
El Primero Hotel(Chula Vista)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$ 149
US$ 145
Chula Vista Inn(Chula Vista)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$ 98
US$ 83
Rodeway Inn & Suites Chula Vista(Chula Vista)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$ 159
US$ 154
US$ 112
US$ 93
Priceline
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$ 324
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 May 2017

The manager accussed me of doing somrrthing I did not do, speak to the maid in a rude manner ny room was half done, the maids ony made up the beds and empty the trash, the front desk clerk called he nad 3 times to cime and clean the bathroom, dust and vaccum, they never came. The next I went into the hospital, and wanted to move from a 2 bed room to a 1 bed room, the manager told lie after lie, my things were taken out of the 2 bedroom which was not needed because they were not full. I am still in the hospital and will be going to obtain my belongings with the CHULA VISTA POLICE to help, I am 69, disabled and have no transportation or famiy to help me, so my plan is to put my belongings tn the A1 Storage around the corner, I gave all of the clerks a gift which they probably should not have accepted, if any of my things are damaged or gone CRIMINAL CHARGES WILL BE FILED, along with ELDER ABUSE CHARGES ASAP. I am a retired Social Service worker and know what to sue for, WILL NEVER EVER STAY AT THIS MOTEL AGAIN, there were ROACHES IN MY DRESSER , the carpet needs shampooing,, walls need cleaning, will report to the Health Department, and the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ASAP., and request my money be returned. Janice Reeves

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

The security guard was just out of line.
He ruined my stay making me feel like I did something really wrong. Small, annoying and totally out of the line he proceeds to tell me to stop taking pictures of the property. I did so right away. He states that you must first ask permission from the owner before doing so. Maybe he is right. I really don't know at this point. Anywho that's enough of the only bad thing I could mention about this motel. They really could charge more for a nights stay. It's got great reviews for how inexpensive it is. It's located just off the 5 freeway. Downtown San Diego is close by. Mexicos Tijuana is super close by. Stay here at EZ-8 if u want a nice place for little money. Yes you get what you pay for. I know. We all know. It's the little things like "being treated super nice by an employee at the old front desk in the lobby as you check in ". Things that can't be bought always coming free of charge. Things like that make all the difference in the world. It's so nice when it happens to ones self. Most often these days, too rare. Thanks for reading my honest review. For writing this review EZ-8 gave me absolutely nothing. Actually wait a second. The room came with a FREE roll of aluminum foil that I found under the bed while doing my last and final double check before checking out. Sincerely, Thomas McLaren

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2016

The employees were very helpful. The walks around the building on each floor had carpeting that was coming up. The room we had, the carpet was sticky, bathroom area was passable clean, the fridge was not plugged in so items could be kept cold as it takes a while for it to get cold, and finally the TV in the room was a very small tube type and very old with very poor picture.

Room Tip: Any room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Upon booking the EZ 8, we were unsure what to expect, however upon arriving to Chula Vista (rather late due to a detour through National City- think of some different street names, So Cal! haha) we called for directions from the exit and Ken was more than delightfully helpful. The check in process was a bit long, but thorough. Ken was an absolute delight every time we encountered him. Friendly at check in, professional, and helpful. Then we get checked in and settled and were happily surprised with an on-site security guard that remained all night on the premises as well as a police patrol that I saw come by at least once a day. We stayed for 2 days and it was a lovely little get away. Though Chula Vista isn't a nice part of San Diego, this hotel was our little oasis. It is dated but clean. Has a fairly priced and GREAT working on-site laundry. Seriously I've never used a nicer public dryer- once was all I needed to run things and they were dry, even our jeans! ^_^ It is smoking-allowed, which I was unaware of upon booking, so it has that old hotel-smell charm, but it wasn't strong and I barely noticed it after being in the room a few moments. In room refrigerators and HBO! Comfy beds and spacious rooms! We had 2, one for my husband and I and one for our travel buddy. In spite of it being just-off-the-freeway, there was very little disruption in noise and we felt totally safe. Of course, we never leave valuables unattended in our rooms. When I called to decline housekeeping, the man on the phone said they had to come in at least every other day- which didn't affect us, but may be annoying to someone staying longer than us. Anyhow- great little surprise of a place! Pool and hot tub, which I thoroughly enjoyed for a bit since we had hiked the Bright Angel Trail down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon just the day before we got to EZ 8. Such a nice relaxing hotel after 2 nights of camping and hiking like crazy. Nice, bi-lingual staff, and lots of on-site perks such as free coffee in the lobby in the morning. Thanks EZ 8 and Ken! :D We will definitely keep this cozy and inexpensive little spot in mind for future visits! ^_^
Oh one con- there was an option for 3rd party, paid wifi, which our clerk himself advised against due to it being slow, so if you need internet you might wanna use a data plan! We didn't care though, we were there to chill. :)

Room Tip: Room 112 was great! Freeway side, but close to our car.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

THIEFS, DISHONEST AND UNTRUSTWORTHY The experience was decent up until we had to return to pick up a belonging that was left in the room. We forgot our grandfathers' wallet and I immediately called front desk to have them check the room, the am front representative was very helpful. She took my number and ran back into the room to verify the wallet. Not even 5 minutes later she called me and verified our wallet and ALL of his belongings were still there. $40 cash, credit cards, and his military ID. Once we were able to drive back to the place, grandpa and I went to the front desk and they were able to find the wallet. However, when the representative tried handing the personal belonging paperwork for my grandpa so sign , I told him "make sure you check the wallet before you sign, make sure nothing is missing" . The employee immediately changed his entire demeanor , snatched the wallet back from us and said and I quote " I make the rules and If you do not sign first , you just simply don't get your wallet" At this point I became skeptical about his integrity and honesty. Unfortunately, grandpa gave him the benefit of doubt and went ahead and signed the paperwork. He checks the wallet and shockingly the $40 are missing. Now , at this point is not even about the $40 , its about the integrity of the employee and his attitude and rudeness towards the entire situation. He immediately gave up his reputation and acted suspicious the minute I told grandpa to check it before he signed.

Stayed: May 2016