US$ 131
US$ 158
HIExpress.com
US$ 159
US$ 153
El Primero Hotel(Chula Vista)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 149
US$ 139
Rodeway Inn & Suites Chula Vista(Chula Vista)(Great Value!)
US$ 137
US$ 132
Chula Vista Inn(Chula Vista)
US$ 115
Hotels.com
US$ 434
US$ 291
Residence Inn
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Upon booking the EZ 8, we were unsure what to expect, however upon arriving to Chula Vista (rather late due to a detour through National City- think of some different street names, So Cal! haha) we called for directions from the exit and Ken was more than delightfully helpful. The check in process was a bit long, but thorough. Ken was an absolute delight every time we encountered him. Friendly at check in, professional, and helpful. Then we get checked in and settled and were happily surprised with an on-site security guard that remained all night on the premises as well as a police patrol that I saw come by at least once a day. We stayed for 2 days and it was a lovely little get away. Though Chula Vista isn't a nice part of San Diego, this hotel was our little oasis. It is dated but clean. Has a fairly priced and GREAT working on-site laundry. Seriously I've never used a nicer public dryer- once was all I needed to run things and they were dry, even our jeans! ^_^ It is smoking-allowed, which I was unaware of upon booking, so it has that old hotel-smell charm, but it wasn't strong and I barely noticed it after being in the room a few moments. In room refrigerators and HBO! Comfy beds and spacious rooms! We had 2, one for my husband and I and one for our travel buddy. In spite of it being just-off-the-freeway, there was very little disruption in noise and we felt totally safe. Of course, we never leave valuables unattended in our rooms. When I called to decline housekeeping, the man on the phone said they had to come in at least every other day- which didn't affect us, but may be annoying to someone staying longer than us. Anyhow- great little surprise of a place! Pool and hot tub, which I thoroughly enjoyed for a bit since we had hiked the Bright Angel Trail down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon just the day before we got to EZ 8. Such a nice relaxing hotel after 2 nights of camping and hiking like crazy. Nice, bi-lingual staff, and lots of on-site perks such as free coffee in the lobby in the morning. Thanks EZ 8 and Ken! :D We will definitely keep this cozy and inexpensive little spot in mind for future visits! ^_^
Oh one con- there was an option for 3rd party, paid wifi, which our clerk himself advised against due to it being slow, so if you need internet you might wanna use a data plan! We didn't care though, we were there to chill. :)

Room Tip: Room 112 was great! Freeway side, but close to our car.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

THIEFS, DISHONEST AND UNTRUSTWORTHY The experience was decent up until we had to return to pick up a belonging that was left in the room. We forgot our grandfathers' wallet and I immediately called front desk to have them check the room, the am front representative was very helpful. She took my number and ran back into the room to verify the wallet. Not even 5 minutes later she called me and verified our wallet and ALL of his belongings were still there. $40 cash, credit cards, and his military ID. Once we were able to drive back to the place, grandpa and I went to the front desk and they were able to find the wallet. However, when the representative tried handing the personal belonging paperwork for my grandpa so sign , I told him "make sure you check the wallet before you sign, make sure nothing is missing" . The employee immediately changed his entire demeanor , snatched the wallet back from us and said and I quote " I make the rules and If you do not sign first , you just simply don't get your wallet" At this point I became skeptical about his integrity and honesty. Unfortunately, grandpa gave him the benefit of doubt and went ahead and signed the paperwork. He checks the wallet and shockingly the $40 are missing. Now , at this point is not even about the $40 , its about the integrity of the employee and his attitude and rudeness towards the entire situation. He immediately gave up his reputation and acted suspicious the minute I told grandpa to check it before he signed.

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank KarlaG1988
Reviewed 9 October 2014

An easy stop if you cannot go any further, but is noisy due to the freeway being close by. It is cheap, that is for sure, but we would not go again unless all else was booked. The room was seriously dirty.

Room Tip: If all the rooms in south San Diego are booked and you have to stay here, get room close to office for noise control.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank RCrider
Reviewed 10 August 2014

seriously, you can go to this hotels website like I did and book a weekend room for $47. The hotel photos they show does not depict the nasty area this hotel is located in. This place is right across from a nasty trailer park and the other side is right up on the freeway. The police frequently driving threw the parking lot is not a good thing. They are there because it is festered with nasty lowlife people. they have to hire a night security guard to watch the lot, and the parking lot is tiny too. This guy sits on his cell phone from what I saw. the rooms are very broke down and disgusting, warped wood, rusted metal, plaster leak stains, etc........ I expected bad based on reviews, and this place lived up to its horrible reviews. There are some scary people here, so please do not take children here. If you must, keep them close. I woke at 7:39 am to wash a soccer uniform, and had to wait in line an hour. They wont fix the broken AC in the laundry room, so it was a nightmare at 8:00 am with the heat. Thank god we only needed 10 hours of sleep and a uniform washed before leaving to safety. Oh yeah, at 7:39 am walking to the laundry room I could smell marijuana coming from 2 different hotel rooms as I passed them. Good grief!

Room Tip: Advice to choose a good room? There are none. Well, ask for third floor which is nonsmoking. bleach does smell better than smoke.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jody E
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Never had I seen so many roaches coming out of a tv / fridge' so disgusting to have to see any of that! Front office was VERY rude and said "oh well" about the situation! I wouldn't stay here for FREE! You're better off staying outside on the sidewalk! It's beyond NASTY
I have pictures to prove it

• Stayed: August 2014