See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

THIEFS, DISHONEST AND UNTRUSTWORTHY The experience was decent up until we had to return to pick up a belonging that was left in the room. We forgot our grandfathers' wallet and I immediately called front desk to have them check the room, the am front representative was very helpful. She took my number and ran back into the room to verify the wallet. Not even 5 minutes later she called me and verified our wallet and ALL of his belongings were still there. $40 cash, credit cards, and his military ID. Once we were able to drive back to the place, grandpa and I went to the front desk and they were able to find the wallet. However, when the representative tried handing the personal belonging paperwork for my grandpa so sign , I told him "make sure you check the wallet before you sign, make sure nothing is missing" . The employee immediately changed his entire demeanor , snatched the wallet back from us and said and I quote " I make the rules and If you do not sign first , you just simply don't get your wallet" At this point I became skeptical about his integrity and honesty. Unfortunately, grandpa gave him the benefit of doubt and went ahead and signed the paperwork. He checks the wallet and shockingly the $40 are missing. Now , at this point is not even about the $40 , its about the integrity of the employee and his attitude and rudeness towards the entire situation. He immediately gave up his reputation and acted suspicious the minute I told grandpa to check it before he signed.

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank KarlaG1988
Reviewed 9 October 2014

An easy stop if you cannot go any further, but is noisy due to the freeway being close by. It is cheap, that is for sure, but we would not go again unless all else was booked. The room was seriously dirty.

Room Tip: If all the rooms in south San Diego are booked and you have to stay here, get room close to office for noise control.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank RCrider
Reviewed 10 August 2014

seriously, you can go to this hotels website like I did and book a weekend room for $47. The hotel photos they show does not depict the nasty area this hotel is located in. This place is right across from a nasty trailer park and the other side is right up on the freeway. The police frequently driving threw the parking lot is not a good thing. They are there because it is festered with nasty lowlife people. they have to hire a night security guard to watch the lot, and the parking lot is tiny too. This guy sits on his cell phone from what I saw. the rooms are very broke down and disgusting, warped wood, rusted metal, plaster leak stains, etc........ I expected bad based on reviews, and this place lived up to its horrible reviews. There are some scary people here, so please do not take children here. If you must, keep them close. I woke at 7:39 am to wash a soccer uniform, and had to wait in line an hour. They wont fix the broken AC in the laundry room, so it was a nightmare at 8:00 am with the heat. Thank god we only needed 10 hours of sleep and a uniform washed before leaving to safety. Oh yeah, at 7:39 am walking to the laundry room I could smell marijuana coming from 2 different hotel rooms as I passed them. Good grief!

Room Tip: Advice to choose a good room? There are none. Well, ask for third floor which is nonsmoking. bleach does smell better than smoke.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jody E
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Never had I seen so many roaches coming out of a tv / fridge' so disgusting to have to see any of that! Front office was VERY rude and said "oh well" about the situation! I wouldn't stay here for FREE! You're better off staying outside on the sidewalk! It's beyond NASTY
I have pictures to prove it

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Thrilly
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Booked a stay at what turned out to be this fleabag dump. The price was cheap. The jerk at the check-in window (high crime area requires you to deal with them through a bullet-proof glass after 8 pm) was rude, disrespectful and crude. When you book as I did, and request a non-smoking room. what they shoved in my face was a "copy" of my reservation which said "non-smoking preferred". Yes, I'm medically allergic to cigarette smoke. Yes, this humongous hotel was "sold out" and all I could get was a smoking room. "We must not judge books by their covers." Ignoring that maxim, the place is filled with hookers and druggies. Better to sleep in: a) your car, b) the curb, or c) the airport, or d) any of the above. Scum city!

Room Tip: Any other accommodation but here should be good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business