See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 August 2014

seriously, you can go to this hotels website like I did and book a weekend room for $47. The hotel photos they show does not depict the nasty area this hotel is located in. This place is right across from a nasty trailer park and the other side is right up on the freeway. The police frequently driving threw the parking lot is not a good thing. They are there because it is festered with nasty lowlife people. they have to hire a night security guard to watch the lot, and the parking lot is tiny too. This guy sits on his cell phone from what I saw. the rooms are very broke down and disgusting, warped wood, rusted metal, plaster leak stains, etc........ I expected bad based on reviews, and this place lived up to its horrible reviews. There are some scary people here, so please do not take children here. If you must, keep them close. I woke at 7:39 am to wash a soccer uniform, and had to wait in line an hour. They wont fix the broken AC in the laundry room, so it was a nightmare at 8:00 am with the heat. Thank god we only needed 10 hours of sleep and a uniform washed before leaving to safety. Oh yeah, at 7:39 am walking to the laundry room I could smell marijuana coming from 2 different hotel rooms as I passed them. Good grief!

Room Tip: Advice to choose a good room? There are none. Well, ask for third floor which is nonsmoking. bleach does smell better than smoke.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jody E
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Never had I seen so many roaches coming out of a tv / fridge' so disgusting to have to see any of that! Front office was VERY rude and said "oh well" about the situation! I wouldn't stay here for FREE! You're better off staying outside on the sidewalk! It's beyond NASTY
I have pictures to prove it

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Thrilly
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Booked a stay at what turned out to be this fleabag dump. The price was cheap. The jerk at the check-in window (high crime area requires you to deal with them through a bullet-proof glass after 8 pm) was rude, disrespectful and crude. When you book as I did, and request a non-smoking room. what they shoved in my face was a "copy" of my reservation which said "non-smoking preferred". Yes, I'm medically allergic to cigarette smoke. Yes, this humongous hotel was "sold out" and all I could get was a smoking room. "We must not judge books by their covers." Ignoring that maxim, the place is filled with hookers and druggies. Better to sleep in: a) your car, b) the curb, or c) the airport, or d) any of the above. Scum city!

Room Tip: Any other accommodation but here should be good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Stan D
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed here for Comic Con, because it was cheap for the 4-Day event. Other places were charging $1000 for 4 days. We arrived like six hours early, and they allowed us to check in. The staff was friendly and very helpful! :) The hotel was only 15 minutes from the convention so it wasn't too bad. We rented a car so we had a concern about it someone stole it. When we arrived, we made sure to place close to our hotel room because we didn't know the area. We traveled to San Diego from Houston, Texas. There were some lurkers, but there was security walking around at night. When we entered the room, there was no weird smell. The TV was too small though and the room was quite small as well. It was reasonable for the 4 days though :) There is a Walmart like 3 minutes from the hotel. Do not go to the corner store though, it doesn't look friendly. The bathroom was clean and so was the bedroom. There were no stains on the bed and no stains on any of the pillows and chairs. The shower was clean as well. We took showers on all 4 days and our feet were never dirty. If it helps we had a room on the third floor. When we slept it wasn't too bad, the air conditioner made noise but not too loud to bother you. On our last night, our neighbors were loud. They were slamming doors, yelling, etc. We slept around 1am so by that time they didn't bother us. For the price, it was fine. We didn't have any troubles, we saw TV, ate and used the refrigerator. There was no microwave though. There were no really major issues other than some noise but nothing that would give this a bad rating.

Room Tip: It seems as if we had a better room on the top floor. It might help your stay if you request a room in the 3rd floor!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Angela D
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This past weekend, my boyfriend and I stayed here because we had single day passes for Comic Con. By the time we received our badges, it was too late to book a hotel close to the Convention Center unless we paid something crazy, like $600. After hours of browsing for cheap hotel rooms, we stumbled upon the EZ 8 Motel in South Bay. The room was $55 for the night and only 15 minutes from the CC. The reviews we read weren't awful, so we decided to give it a shot. Plus, it was only one night.

This was by far the most disgusting/terrifying motel experience of our lives.

For starters, this motel is in the WORST area. It's parallel to the 5 freeway, so it's noisy and crowded. There is a trailer park directly across the street with some not-so-friendly people. When we pulled into the parking lot, some of the guests staying there (and some random lurkers) immediately looked us up and down. When we got out of the car, I noticed the people next to us looking inside to see what we had. At that point, we were already a little freaked out.

The front desk service was very welcoming. They were very friendly and helped us find our room immediately. We were eager to get inside as soon as possible because we were exhausted from our long car ride. We came in from LA.

When entering the room, the first thing we noticed was the smell. STALE CIGARETTES. Worse than any old school Las Vegas casino. Even worse, you could tell that the maid service tried to hide the smell with some cheap disinfectant spray. Quickly, that "clean" smell wore off. The first thing we did was check the bed for bed bugs. With a motel that cheap, it's always better to check. There were none, thank goodness. Although, we did notice that the comforter was full of yellow stains, and the sheets had holes in them from cigarette burns. The worst part was the bathroom. Our sink was filthy and full of chips and dents. It also looked as if there was makeup smeared all over the counter. Our toilet didn't flush... The water would fill up and the toilet would clog. Our shower was BLACK inside and full of cracks and rust. It's safe to say that we did NOT shower in that bathroom.

Later that night after settling in, I took my shoes off to kick back and relax/get ready for bed. After walking around without shoes for LESS THAN 5 minutes, my feet were black from all the tar seeped into the carpet. At that point, I couldn't wait to get out of there. I felt disgusting. My boyfriend and I had to be up at 5:00am, so we were in bed by 9:00. We were afraid to sleep in the sheets, so we used towels from the bathroom to cover ourselves. Shortly after turning the lights out and falling asleep, we were rudely awakened by other guests slamming doors and yelling in the halls. Upstairs, it seemed as if there was some sort of Indian rain dance going on with all of the stomping and running around. The walls in this motel are PAPER thin, so you can hear every conversation that is being held clearly. Later on in the night, we overheard a woman beating her child on the floor above us. It was extremely disturbing. As if we weren't freaked out enough, that made our experience so much worse. We didn't get much sleep that night. Not only because of the noise, but because we were afraid that our car would be broken into in the middle of the night. We kept our belongings with us at all times.

The next morning, we checked out immediately and decided that we will never stay here again.

Do yourself a HUGE favor and never book a room here. Spend a little extra money and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple