“Great family dining experience”

Italianissimo Trattoria
Ranked #2 of 489 Restaurants in Chula Vista
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Homey Italian feel to this restaurant.. Heart of downtown Chula Vista... Great place to take out-of-towners!

1  Thank rekahoona

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

What can I say, this place is awesome!

I arrived, was greeted, sat and had water and warm fresh bread in less than 5 min!

I ordered a Cesar, bruchetta, and tortellini. The salad was spot on with fresh i ingredients, a proper proportioned dressing to salad ratio. And the dressingwas very nice!

The bruchetta was toasted crispy with some nicely chopped tomatoes with herbs and topped with cheese. The flavors melded nicely, the bread was toasted just right to stay crispy... a great appetizer gor sure!

The pasta was hand made. The chicken and cheese filling was wondrous. The sauce with peas, and mushrooms just brought a nic comfort flavor to the whole dish.

I finished the meal with a nice cup of custard, that was very good then to find rum soaked biscuit on the bottom.... uuh yum!,

I will be going here again!

1  Thank tstlkechkn
Reviewed 18 November 2017

My wife and I and three friends ate a variety of Italian dishes at this restaurant. Spaghetti Carbonara, tortellini, veal scaloppini, were all delicious, and the service was superb. Nice wine and beer list. They do al dente if you ask.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

So I got Invited by an Italian friend who had given me advice on my first Italy Trip the week prior and all I can say is wow! I had just visited Naples, Rome, Florence, Dianna, San Gnmignano, Pisa & The Amalfi Coast as well as Pompeii so I'm fully aware of how the food is in Italy which is by far the greatest food I've ever eaten and this place comes very very close to That! Authentic Bread with Olive Oil as they do over there! Pizza that brings ne nostalgia just by looking at it, wine that made me say wow! The customer service was absolutely splendid! Lastly, the menu in complete Italian made me feel as if I was in Italy again! I will be returning to this place many many times while I live here in San Diego. Thank you for giving me a restaurant that allows me feel as if I'm in Italy once more. Highly Recommend!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Italian food at its best, good wine selection, friendly service, Daily specials are a good balanve of pasta, fish and meat specialties.

1  Thank Ruben R

Been to Italianissimo Trattoria? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK