New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel Diamond

Hotel Diamond
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great location, amazing staff, great rooms!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I was in a regular room on the 4th floor and it was great. It was a big room, nice furniture, clean, the bathroom was nice, etc. The rooms had a refrigerator which was stocked with complimentary water. There was also complimentary snacks in the room (a little baggie of m&ms, nuts, and gardetto's). The customer service at this hotel was great as well. I needed more water and they promptly brought it to me. On my 2nd night at the hotel, my air/heat wasn't working and the girl at the front desk immediately came up and said that she would help me move my stuff to another room. She ended up upgrading my room to a suite next door-it was really great. The suite was beautiful. It was large, had a nice balcony, a gas fireplace, nice tub and shower etc. Everyone went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable. The breakfast was also great-it included pancakes, omelets, sausage, bacon, and all of the typical continental breakfast goodies. My only complaint is that the elevator was incredibly slow. I had to run up to my room once because I forgot something before a meeting and it took an incredibly long time.

Room Tip: The elevators are really slow-so if you're in a rush, don't get a room on the 4th floor. The...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel Diamond, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your review, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed all the great amenities we offer our guests. We hope you will spend more restful nights with us in the future!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Lions Bay, B.c.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Hotel has a nice atmosphere in this nicely restored building. It is unfortnate our room looked into the parking garage and was overtop of what turned out to be a popular spot for loud people to hang out as the noise came right up into the room.
We enjoyed happy hour in the bar - great live music, good bar food and great value for a good glass of wine. Overall though we felt the room was overpriced.

Room Tip: Any room other than facing the parking garage.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel Diamond, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your review, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed all the great amenities we offer our guests. Also remember to enjoy our live music in the lounge Thursday- Saturday! We hope you will spend more restful nights with us in the future!
Crescent Ctiy, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Stayed at the Hotel Diamond for business. I have to say this is probably the first time I've ever stayed in a hotel room, and felt like I was at home. The rooms were the cleanest I've ever stayed in, large comfortable room & bed, nice amenities, etc. Its been renovated fairly recently, and the owners went out of their way to really bring it back a local historical hotel, and make an impression. It is centrally located in a nice downtown area of Chico with many museums, shops, restaurants & the college all within walking distance. The only odd thing was the parking situation, as you park next door in a public parking garage. There are spaces labeled for Hotel Diamond guests only, and your given a parking pass when you check in, so it's not that bad, just a little unusual. There is a breakfast provided in the morning, which isn't anything fancy, but they do offer made to order omelets. The lounge can get busy in the evening with college kids liking a more sophisticated atmosphere, but they seem polite and respectful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank frogfan63
Sonoma, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I travel for business twoo weeks a month and I am always looking for something different. I was so pleased to find something a little more interesting in Chico! This hotel is right in the heart of downtown . Awesome front desk staff,very efficient at check in and check out! Very friendly too! The rooms are super comfortable and CLEAN. A very modern old charm feel. There is a good restaurant called johnnie's, and a great bar,good happy hour and great bartenders ! Complimentary breakfast with your stay. I will be back! Make sure not to book a room facing the parking structure, that can get noisy.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the parking structure.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel Diamond, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for your time and positive review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The next time you stay with us, let us know about your room preference during the reservation process and we will be more than happy to accommodate you. We can also put permanent notes into your profile so that your future stays are not facing towards the parking structure. We look forward to seeing you again!
Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

The staff were always friendly and accommodating. The location can't be beat. The breakfast omelets were outstanding. My only complaint was that though the room was pretty clean, the door to the bathroom had dirt, streaks, and drip marks all over it. I can only imagine that the cleaning staff repeatedly touch the door with wet cleaning gloves while in the room, but fail to clean the door itself. Overall, I was very pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: The higher up, the better.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel Diamond, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We take great pride in providing the best service possible. We look forward to better serving you in the future!