A wonderful find through Hotwire for less than $100, including taxes. I came down with the intention of spending only one night in town to visit my teenage daughter over father's day weekend. I liked my first night so much, I asked the front desk I could stay another night and if they could match the Hotwire price - they checked into it and obliged. My daughter liked the room...she knows I tend to bargain hunt for lodging and at often may not be as impressed with my selections as she was with the Desert Oasis.
Front desk personnel were extremely nice to talk to. There are two pools - one for adults and the other one for families.
The suite was approximately 850 square feet with a massive bedroom, living and dining area. Flat screen TV in the bedroom and living area. My unit was on the first floor and it included a small patio area. My unit faced the parking lot and Cathedral Canyon Drive.
Another bonus: resorts such as this, when reserved via HOTWIRE, can charge a fee upwards of around $25/night on top of what you already paid to Hotwire. No resort fee here.
I didn't give it 5 stars only because there was some construction in the parking/valet area in front of the lobby round-about. Also, housekeeping failed to come by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Welk Resort Desert Oasis boasts 350 days of sunshine a year, with an average yearly temperature of 75 degrees. With breathtaking panaramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, the resort is located 10 minutes from Palm Springs in Cathedral City, California. Swim in a large pool or lap pool, soak up some sun, or enjoy championship golf and tennis at our adjacent Cathedral Canyon Golf and Tennis Club, including a restaurant with locally inspired cuisine. Experience luxurious vacation villa accommodations that include full kitchens, living and dining areas, and private bedrooms with king beds. Activities Center includes fitness room, billiards, air hockey, darts, and Ping-Pong tables with planned activities and classes for all age groups. An arcade is next to the Activities Center. And when you’re ready to explore, nearby Palm Springs offers plenty to see – You won’t want to miss the Aerial Tramway, The Living Desert, Indian Canyons, Knott’s Soak City, Children’s Discovery Museum and Air Museum, world-class dining and shopping, including the popular Cabazon outlet, thrilling casinos, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Oasis Hotel Cathedral City
- Desert Oasis Cathedral City
- Welk Resort Palm Springs - Desert Oasis Cathedral City, CA - California Desert