My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights, 25-28 February. Our travel agent (bricks-and-mortar) got us an excellent rate of $95 the first night, and $70 per night after that.
The initial location seems dim, behind an Arco station on Date Palm Drive just south of Gerald Ford Drive. But the hotel itself is modern and clean, with a nice staff.
- the breakfast room is spacious and has a beautiful view looking west toward the San Jacinto Mountains
- though we didn't use it, the hotel has a large and nicely landscaped pool (also with a view of the mountains) and spa with plenty of outdoor furniture
- the choices in the buffet breakfast were pretty good for a hotel of this price-range
- none really, except for the nuisance of having to register for the free wifi each time an internet device (smart phone or laptop) was turned on
Though we didn't patronize them, two good restaurants are located just north of the hotel: Michael's Cafe and Indian Oven. Local friends recommended Michael's. We did eat at The Palms Cafe on Palm Canyon Blvd (Hwy. 111) just a mile or so east of the intersection of Date Palm and Hwy. 111. Excellent breakfast.
For the price this was a fine choice, and it is a pretty short drive from there to downtown Palm Springs by way of Hwy. 111.
Runners note that you can run a good distance along the wash (dry riverbed) immediately south of the hotel. Best direction to go is to the southeast (toward Rancho Mirage). Run on the south side of the wash as far as Frank Sinatra, then cross to the north side and run on that side until the trail crosses back to the south side across the wash and runs in between a golf course and residential area until it ends at the next arterial street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cathedral City is conveniently located in the heart of Palm Springs Valley. Our Cathedral City Hotel is a resort destination near Rancho Mirage, La Quinta, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, world class golf courses, spas, casinos, restaurants and shopping. While travelling to our hotel, you will be able to visit the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, Indian Canyon Trails, Spa Casino, Agua Caliente Casino, Cathedral Canyon Golf, PGA West Golf, Cabazon World Premium Outlet Mall, Knotts Soak City, Empire Polo Grounds, El Paseo Shopping District, The Living Desert and Joshua Tree National Park. This Holiday Inn Express Hotel is a host hotel for The Big League Dreams Sports Park. We are just minutes from the Palm Springs International Airport in CA. Also nearby Palm Springs Convention Center, Downtown shopping, restaurants, and Indian Wells Tennis Gardens. All leisure or business guests will enjoy our high speed, wireless and wired Internet and complimentary business center. Come experience our serene outdoor heated pool and whirlpool with a large deck and mountain views. Our hotel also features a workout room. Our 100% smoke free hotel features the comforts of home. From our resort style pool, wonderful cinnamon rolls, cookies in the lobby every evening, and the Simply Smart Bedding Collection, this hotel in Cathedral City, CA is sure to please. Swimming pools and Jacuzzi will be closed starting on July 9, 2017 and will re-open on July 18, 2017 as they are being repaired. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs) Hotel Cathedral City
- Holiday Inn Cathedral City
- Cathedral City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs) CA - California Desert