“Tasty Omelette at Denica's”

Denica's Real Food Kitchen
Reviewed 4 June 2016

This was just my second time at Denica's. I arrived just before the noon hour; the place was about 1/3 full. They offer small sample cookie bites at the front counter which is nice. I had to ask the cashier for a copy of my receipt which is annoying. Service was slightly slow. I liked all of my meal, which consisted of a vegie omelette, home-style potatoes, and a creamy artichoke soup.

Unfortunately a group of 6 testosterone-laden 20-something guys were in the booth next to me, talking loudly, with some profanity. I considered moving to another table. It was a relief when they finally departed. Certainly not the fault of Denica's that they were bothersome.

I think I prefer the more subdued atmosphere of places like "The Cannery Cafe" and "Norman's."

Overall I would rate my experience at Denica's as "good;" disappointingly Trip Advisor does not have a rating between "average" and "very good."

Reviewed 10 May 2016

I had not been to this chain before and was surprised to find that my order was to be given and paid at the counter before I choose a seat and waited for it to be delivered to me. I knew I wanted eggs benedict, but have found few places in all my travels that make it well. I was very pleasantly surprised. The eggs benedict was done to perfection. I did miss having a waitress to fill my coffee cup, but I needed the exercise to work off the rich sauce, and it really wasn't too far to the "self-refill " counter!
I look forward to trying more selections and very highly recommend this eatery.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Denica's took over the old Carrow's location on Castro Valley Blvd., up the street from Pete's Hardware. You order your food, pay and then sit down. I don't have a problem with that, except at $17 for two pancakes and eggs I would prefer to be waited on. The food was good and the portions much more than I could eat. I found sitting in the back very noisy as there is a large wooden train play area for children. For families with children, this is great, but I was meeting a friend to catch up and it was very difficult to talk and be heard. The restaurant is very popular and there is not a lot of parking. I will probably give them another try, perhaps for lunch, or try going to breakfast at an earlier time.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Really liked all the food we ordered but $70 for 4 people seemed a bit pricey for breakfast. The portions are large so you can share.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Located near 580 freeway, café style, and line style restaurant, it has a very good selection of items, reasonable wait time after you order. The staff keeps the place clean and will bring your meal to your table. Good for small groups, kids welcome.