“Average food, way over-priced breakfasts.”

Denica's Real Food Kitchen
Reviewed 14 January 2016

i'd heard good things about this place, but paying $12.50 for ham and eggs, toast and potatoes was enough to make me not go back again, especially when you can get the same thing at Dell's Cafe, or Dino's a LOT cheaper, and just as good. Don't get me wrong, it was okay, but, come on, it's ham and eggs. Tastes the same pretty much everywhere. I've heard the soups and chicken sandwich are good at lunch, and prices are much more in line with what other places are charging for similar meals, though still pricey. I haven't tried the baked goods, but I understand that's where they shine. I don't care for the "no waitress, order at the counter" set up they have, especially at those prices. I'll try it one more time at lunch to see if it's any better.

Reviewed 6 January 2016

The expectations were that this would be a reasonably priced breakfast, which was not the case compared to other cafeteria-style venues. Perhaps this is the reason for the huge portions, with no healthy options for side orders, e.g. fruit. The pancakes proved stodgy, and an omelette was watery. Coffee was o.k. but we noticed that our table was rather sticky !

Reviewed 6 January 2016

Everything we have eaten at this restaurant has been very good .
The portions are very large. We are happy to have them in our area!

Reviewed 28 December 2015

Denica's has been opened only a few weeks, but the word is definitely out. Great breakfasts, pastries & cookies, and lunches! The restaurant is located on CVB at Lake Chabot Rd., in the building where Carrow's used to be.

The downside: Ambiance inside isn't great, the parking is limited, and you may have to wait for a table. Prices are a little higher than other breakfast places, too.

But the food is fantastic, and definitely worth it. Great omelets and breakfast burritos, and delicious sandwiches--I had the tuna melt on sour dough and loved it. The homemade cookies are also really good, so I always take a couple home for later!