“Love it!!”
Review of Rita's Italian Ice

Rita's Italian Ice
Ranked #3 of 7 Dessert in Castro Valley
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our time at this Rita’s location. The young gentleman behind the counter was very helpful and made the experience great. The ice cream is awesome. Our little boys love the frozen custard and cherry ice. They had Horchata ice which was really good. We always can count on leaving happy from Rita’s. Thank you.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Tasty and delicious creamy ice-cream. Take the taster's taste before ordering from the ices. Great and variety of flavors.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Visited Rita's after hearing about it from New York. I found this place to offer a broad variety of desserts. I liked the Mango flavored ice and sampled cherry too. The custard is out of this world and much smoother than ice cream. The atmosphere is fun and clean. I appreciate the friendly workers who were very helpful in describing the cakes and flavors. I also appreciate they offer sugar free ice. I recommend Rita's.

Reviewed 23 October 2015

Frozen custard is better than ice cream. They also have gelato, frozen beverages and custard cakes. I think I've only tried the chocolate custard because it's so good.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

Rita’s is a bit of an addiction for my family. With our roots being in Philadelphia, Italian ice (or water ice) reminds us of home. I prefer the Gelati, which is frozen custard layered on top of Italian ice, while the rest of my family are loyal to the original Italian ice. When I am being good I opt for the sugar-free Italian ice flavor. They have a rotating menu of ice flavors and always offer vanilla and chocolate custard. They also offer soft pretzels, another Philadelphia treat. The staff is nice and friendly. The restaurant is small, but clean. The parking lot is in a bit of a weird location behind the building, but most days we get street parking on Castro Valley Boulevard.