“Nice place to eat dinner near my hotel”

JP's Family Restaurant and Sports Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
JP's Family Restaurant and Sports Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 101 Restaurants in Castro Valley
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 21
Description: Restaurant, Full Bar, Sports Lounge & Banquet. Serving Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Kids friendly sports lounge. Serving Steaks, Seafood, burgers, Pizza, Wings, Pasta, Salad and Happy Hours.
Reviewed 19 May 2018

I found this place on yelp because I was looking for a place to eat dinner near my hotel as I am staying in Castro Valley for a family event. I like the menu but they had ran out of the chicken dish I had wanted. I ended up getting the chicken skewers with rice and very fresh vegetables and it was pretty good. I felt there was too much pepper on the chicken but that’s probably part of the recipe. The server Adriana was very sweet.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Been here a dozen or more times and only visit the bar area which is bright and clean and has a full menu of good food and beers on tap. Oh, and about 10 or 15 TVs showing sports and more sports. Mundial 2018 Russia June 14- July 14

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We enjoy coming to JP's Family Restaurant on the weekends for breakfast. They are reasonably priced and kid friendly! They offer generous portions for the price. Big, fluffy pancakes. Always a treat! :) They have great specials each day. We eat here 1-2x per month.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

A friend and I wanted to have lunch at some place new or different, so we decided to try J P's. You walk in and it looks like a cafe, but then you walk into the restaurant area. It is very nicely set up with booths and tables and chairs. The low lights shows the hung art work that is very nice, matches the color scheme very well! We order drinks and meal all at once to expedite time. We were able to talk and hear each other in a low tone of voice. We had salads that were presented quite nice. My only concern was the shrimp on the salad was cold, slightly icy. Otherwise it was good and plentiful. We had to pack up half and bring it home. Now that I have tried it, now it is up to you!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Five adults ate here on October 5, 2017. I had their breakfast burrito. It was a very large portion and was very tasty. My wife had the meatball parm sandwich, which she raved about. I don't recall what the other members of our group had, but they're locals who eat here regularly.
Jessica was our server. She was very friendly and played some trivia with us.
This was a very enjoyable experience. When we travel back to this area, we'll definitely go back to JP's.