1,774 results
All reviews golf course family pool garland suite wild turkeys carmel valley organic garden adult pool infinity hot tub lavender fields lodge restaurant bee keeping fitness classes great resort the main lodge rolling hills spa treatments hiking trails
Reviewed 3 February 2016

This is truly a bit of heaven in California. Just removed enough from the hustle and bustle of the bay area it has something for everyone. The views are stunning, the staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating, the suite I had was inviting and well appointed, and there was so much to see and do. I attended a business meeting here and will definitely return for a more casual stay. I left with lavender body lotion and two bottles of Swing wine to enjoy. I felt comfortable here from the minute I arrived and wish I could have stayed longer. I will be back!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Janice G
CVRManagement, General Manager at Carmel Valley Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

Dear Janice,

Thank you so much for sharing your review of your recent stay at Carmel Valley Ranch. We are thrilled to know that even on a business trip, you were able to enjoy some rest and relaxation, and take in the valley views!

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 1 February 2016

My family had an amazing weekend getaway at Carmel Valley Ranch to celebrate my birthday. Tucked away in a lush valley surrounded by sculptural oak trees and beautiful vegetation the relaxation begins as you drive through the property. What I look for in a resort is 5 star accommodations and service, that is family friendly too. I like an adult atmosphere with programming for children so everyone has the best time possible and Carmel Valley Ranch fit perfectly. The service all around was top notch, from the moment you pull in the gates. Literally EVERY employee wished me a Happy Birthday. Personal touches like that really make a difference. The main lodge has a cozy, yet modern mountainous feel. The room was a two room suite with two fireplaces and with ceilings and very was spacious. The payout worked perfectly for my family. My husband and I have plenty of privacy when my son napped and slept int he living area as we have an expansive deck to relax on and a fireplace in our room. The bed was soft and cozy, and the pillows were the perfect fluffy down. They had the room set up with a wooden crib (not a pack n play) for my son as well as baby toiletries (shampoo, lotion, body gel and even diaper rash cream), such a nice touch. The New York Times was delivered daily and bottled waters refreshed daily too. And there is plenty to do on the property for adults and my son. I did a wine tasting, my son went to Busy Bees where he enjoyed play time and my husband and I enjoyed adult time. Due to poor planning on my part, I didn't take advantage of the tennis courts and gym/gym classes. But I definitely will next time. There are two pools, I prefer when a resort has an adult pool and a family pool, having the choice is ideal. One really fun feature is the bonfire/smore making station which I think I liked more then my son did! But it was nice to sit around the fire with a glass of wine while assembling a smore and chatting with other guests. I must say, I am so excited we found this resort as it has everything that I like in a property. We will definitely be back. I see my family going here twice a year, winter and summer, as a regular family getaway!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lyell S

Dear Lyell,

Thank you so much for sharing your review of your recent stay. We are thrilled that you found Carmel Valley Ranch too! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for many years to come.

Thank you again for your review, and for staying at Carmel Valley Ranch.

Reviewed 31 January 2016

This is definitely one of the best resorts I have ever visited. For starters, the property is absolutely gorgeous. There are lavender fields, hiking paths, hills, and even some deer! The rooms are exceptional! The Hilltop Ranch Suite was amazing! The fireplace was a great addition and having two televisions meant no fighting over what to watch. The room was spacious and extremely clean. The bathrooms were big enough that everyone could get ready and had pretty lavender and lavender smelling soaps! My only problem was that we paid extra for the premium view and there were many trees blocking our view. Even though we couldn't move rooms, the hotel did their best to accommodate us. Another great thing about this hotel was that every night, in the back of the main lodge, you could go and make s'mores. It was fun, delicious, and free. We definitely made some fantastic family memories! The main lodge also had free tea, coffee, and fresh apples available every morning as well as complimentary snacks and waters in the rooms. There was a pool for families and a pool solely for adults. There were also activities that you had to book in advance like horseback riding and the beekeeping experience but we sadly didn't have time to do that stuff. Also, they have golf carts available to drive you from the main lodge to your room and vice-versa, which was a nice amenity. The kids definitely got excited about being able to ride around in the golf carts. But don't worry, even though the rooms aren't a part of the main lodge, it is still very safe and they have security at the main entrance of the ranch, which is still a ways from even the main lodge. There was also a charming little shop in the main lodge that sold lavender and goods produced at the ranch and themed souvenirs like bumble-bee tea sets. Lastly, the hotel had a restaurant called The Valley Kitchen that was also located in the main lodge. The restaurant's food was absolutely delicious and the service was fabulous. We ate here for breakfast and dinner and we were thrilled each time. When it came time to leave, nobody wanted to. We had an absolutely amazing visit and we will most definitely be visiting again!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank le0l0vest0travel

Dear le0l0vest0travel,

Thank you so much for choosing Carmel Valley Ranch, and for taking the time to share your review with fellow travelers. We are so happy to read that you and your family enjoyed so many of the great things that our 500 acre playground has to offer, and left The Ranch with life long memories! We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy our Horseback Riding and Bee Experience activities, and creating many more family memories!

Thank you again for choosing Carmel Valley Ranch!

Reviewed 25 January 2016

This was my second stay at the CVR and I was worried that it might not be as fabulous as my last one, but it was just as magical the second time around. From the moment you arrive until you depart, the staff is so incredibly attentive, warm and charming. And the property - the only word is wow. The rooms are incredibly well appointed included free snacks and bottled water. Worth every penny. The only hard part was leaving.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TaraSims
CVRManager, General Manager at Carmel Valley Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2016

Dear Tara,

Thank you so much for choosing Carmel Valley Ranch as your getaway destination for a second time! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and hope that we will have the honor to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2016

I’ve been around the world and haven’t experienced anything like this in all my travels….this is one place that is worth every penny. From check-in to check-out you are treated like a family member who has come home for the weekend. Carmel Valley Ranch is a sanctuary retreat where you can relax, do nothing (or everything) and know that you are somewhere very special. We woke in the morning to grazing deer and wondering turkeys. Upon arrival, our dog had a welcome package and our baby had a crib and gift waiting in the room – a place that welcomes your entire family! We had an amazing massage, lovely hike and ended the day with a delicious dinner where Dave (the expert sommelier) and Tim (the master chef) both stopped by our table to show a genuine interest in our meal and overall experience. To top it off, the Director of the Hotel, Thomas, personally delivered my phone that I misplaced during my stay. You can’t get more personal than this place – you don’t have to be rich to stay at an amazing luxury resort – this is worth every penny!!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mltrowbridge

Dear mltrowbridge,

Thank you very much for staying at Carmel Valley Ranch with your family, and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. We are truly honored by your kind feedback! It's wonderful to read that everyone in your family, including your little one and your four legged family member, all felt so welcomed by our team!

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to The Ranch in the near future. Until then, we thank you sincerely and wish you all the best!