1,230 results
All reviews great location breakfast room best westerns gas fireplace top floor older hotel shops and restaurants free breakfast third floor would stay here again within easy walking distance stayed two nights king bed room was large private balcony downtown carmel pastries
Reviewed 31 August 2018

The staff were friendly, the room was clean, but I could hear every word of a phone conversation next door. At first I thought the person was in the hallway outside, but when I looked I realized they were inside their room (next door) with windows closed and I could still hear him talking with his mother and friends. Luckily he went out for dinner (and we did too) and I didn't hear anything further that evening while sleeping. The location is good and the breakfast fine (nothing special, but a variety at least). It was a busy time in Carmel so we were glad we found something but again, very thin walls.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

We didn’t realise at the time of booking but this was previously a Best Western we stayed in 16 years ago. Location is good. No frills “inn” and very clean. Breakfast room a bonus and well attended.
Good location for central Carmel. Will have no hesitation in booking again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank PeterG022
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

How on earth does a motor lodge get great reviews?! Let me begin with, this place was “recommended” by a couple getting married - they recommended several... but obviously never actually checked it out. Nor did I make the reservation... because I would never have picked a 2 1/2*....

1) this is a motor lodge... not an “Inn”, not a hotel, not a motel, but a motor lodge... reminds me of places I would stay with my parents in the 70’s in Tahoe.

2) not enough parking so if you leave a space at anytime, you may have to park on the street, with limited hours... after 7pm you’re ok until 10am on the street, but still.... it could be blocks away.

Now, the room was clean enough.... but we did find a tick clawing around in my man!!! Haven’t a clue if it dropped on him while we were walking around in downtown Carmel or was here... but that freaked us out... thank god I found it before it went in him!

Room was HOT!! We had a sheet on, nothing else because you can’t put the air on. Dropped the thermostat down to 50, to keep the heater from going off, and opened all windows but it was hot every night... even left windows open while we were walking around downtown...all day... didn’t help.

Closet doors don’t open except with the strength of a god! This needs to be fixed...ironing board suffers the same issues... can’t close it without serious strength. If you think the closet is large enough to place your luggage in it on the luggage rack... think again...

EXPENSIVE! This place is way over priced !! No ocean view from our room and we were paying close to $400!! That’s ridiculous! Walked around downtown and popped our head into other places to see what they were charging...much less.. (at least $100 less a night) and not a motor lodge!!!

I suppose if you’re use to 2 1/2* stars, you might be happy with this place, but I’m paying NAPA VALLEY prices in the same kind of beautiful setting and getting this place? I think not!

Do yourself a favor, don’t come here.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mewaxwiz
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

A small motel, very friendly staff, small but clean room. OK bed, not to noisy. 5h3 breakfast is practically only some drinks, bred, cornflakes and waffles.

A little to pricey but with free wi-fi, parking and great location.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I booked last minute because I had to change my plans. I was doing the Highway 1 with my husband. So, I did not expect much of the hotel, other than a place to sleep after driving all day. We got there late at night and we were surprised with a free upgrade to one of the best rooms of the hotel, in the last floor, wih a corner view of the ocean and a fireplace. We were sad we couldn't stay there any longer. The hotel is was spotless and the breakfast was good with lots of options (considering it was just continental breakfast). Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple