All reviews underground parking warm muffins silver tray great location corn flakes manager sergio continental breakfast village view best feature two bedroom suite carmel by the sea gas fireplace within walking distance breakfast delivered to the room small pool rooms are large restaurants and shops
Reviewed 1 October 2017

My husband booked this because it was the highest rated place that was available at the last minute. The reception was great. But the room had a musty smell that never went away. We had a view of the ocean and the room felt big because it had a vaulted ceiling. But for the money we paid, it is not worth it. For the same price, we have stayed at much nicer places. If the cost was lower then I would say okay, but this is not worth the money. The location is great and it is too bad that the owners don't invest in this property because with an overhaul it would be very nice. Outside our room on the landing is an old vase with very dusty old flowers- I don't know who would think this adds something to the decor. There is a very small pool which might be better as a hot tub. The included breakfast was very nice. We had warm toast and blueberry muffins, yogurt fruit and juice- all good. I hate to leave bad reviews when the people very nice but it needs a facelift.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa O
Reviewed 29 September 2017

From the moment my family walked in we were greeted by great staff. The manager Sergio went above and beyond during our whole stay! The rooms were extremely clean and very well prepared for the guest. We booked through Sergio and he listened to everything we requested for our room. We had a very pleasant stay and will definitely be coming back! The hospitality was exquisite.

Room Tip: Book with Sergio
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
GMAdobeInn, Manager at Adobe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Adobe Inn. We are delighted to know that you had such a great experience with us. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

we arrived 2 hours early ,the gentleman at the front desk offered us freshly baked cookies and water and to our surprise room was ready .the rooms were very clean and the view were was very beautiful .next day our free breakfast arrived on a silver tray with fruit and plenty of food for all of us .they let us stay one hour later and allowed us to leave our car in their parking for free for next few hours .flowers and fountain is a place to relax and have breakfast

Room Tip: if you are traveling with kids ask for suite 32
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Adobe Inn with everyone. It is great to hear that we were able to check you in early and that you found our breakfast delightful. Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Adobe Inn.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

After staying in San Francisco in a one bedroom apartment, my teenagers were excited to see they had their own bedroom, queen beds, and bathroom where they could stretch out. I was cynical of the small pool but it ended up being lovely and warm after a long (nearby) walk on the Pacific. My husband thought the Adobe needed some updating but I liked the tradition decor, fireplace, linens, and large bathrooms. I felt like we were staying at our own little cottage. My only beef was that the carpets either needed a good cleaning or replacement. We appreciated the insight basement parking- felt safe and secure, the cozy fireplace, and the double porches. The town was adorable and we went to the recommended Flaherty's seafood restaurant who gave us 10% off by mentioning the Adobe. Only regret is that we didn't stay more than the one night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are happy to know that your family enjoyed the spacious room. It is also great to know that you were able to take advantage of our location and walk to the many wonderful restaurants in town. Thank you again for staying at the Adobe Inn.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I once gave this hotel a ver bad rating. The owners went out of their way to take care of the problem. So here is my honest opinion. The location is great. The hotel is old and not charming. A room is a room. Whenyiur in most small hotels in Carmel. The staff will help you out. The rooms are old. Most hotels on the strip in Carmel are old and need updating this is no exception. However the location is great. So location location location. Will I go back NO

Stayed: November 2016