All reviews underground parking warm muffins silver tray great location corn flakes manager sergio continental breakfast village view best feature two bedroom suite carmel by the sea gas fireplace within walking distance breakfast delivered to the room small pool rooms are large restaurants and shops
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

After staying in San Francisco in a one bedroom apartment, my teenagers were excited to see they had their own bedroom, queen beds, and bathroom where they could stretch out. I was cynical of the small pool but it ended up being lovely and warm after a long (nearby) walk on the Pacific. My husband thought the Adobe needed some updating but I liked the tradition decor, fireplace, linens, and large bathrooms. I felt like we were staying at our own little cottage. My only beef was that the carpets either needed a good cleaning or replacement. We appreciated the insight basement parking- felt safe and secure, the cozy fireplace, and the double porches. The town was adorable and we went to the recommended Flaherty's seafood restaurant who gave us 10% off by mentioning the Adobe. Only regret is that we didn't stay more than the one night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
GMAdobeInn, Manager at Adobe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are happy to know that your family enjoyed the spacious room. It is also great to know that you were able to take advantage of our location and walk to the many wonderful restaurants in town. Thank you again for staying at the Adobe Inn.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I once gave this hotel a ver bad rating. The owners went out of their way to take care of the problem. So here is my honest opinion. The location is great. The hotel is old and not charming. A room is a room. Whenyiur in most small hotels in Carmel. The staff will help you out. The rooms are old. Most hotels on the strip in Carmel are old and need updating this is no exception. However the location is great. So location location location. Will I go back NO

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 20 August 2017

As some have already said, the location is great and walking distance to everything. The hotel rooms themselves could use some updating, especially the bathrooms. We came with our family and had reserved a suite 5 months in advance. When we arrived we were told that they were overbooked and we needed to go into two rooms. This was less than ideal given we have two children. No real explanation was given, or notification until we arrived. I would have opted for one room instead and saved money rather than split up on a family vacation, but we paid in advance and told no refunds. Also, the breakfasts were inconsistent. Some days warm muffins others stale Corn Flakes. For the money, I would try someplace else next time we go to Carmel.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Walking distance to downtown, the beach, and the theatre. We were in room 29. It was quiet and had a comfortable queen size bed, and a sitting area in front of the fireplace. A nice sitting area on the balcony that affords a distance view of the ocean. A coffee maker and refrigerator and iron are included. A limited breakfast is served in your room.
There is free parking under the hotel. The Internet is free and works well most of the time. There is no air conditioner but a fan is included in the room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

We always appreciate guests taking the time to write a review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your accommodations and found everything in your room satisfactory. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

We stayed at Adobe Inn for one night enroute from San Francisco to LA.

It is in a great location for the beach and local shops, restaurants.

We had a room with 2 queen beds for myself, my husband and our 14 year old son.

The room was large with a gas fireplace. The room was very musty and dusty upon entering - very dated and tired as was the bathroom - we had great difficulty turning the shower on and off. We put up with it as just sleeping there for one night.

There was a small balcony which had a solid brick wall - ugly - and not much of a view. But we were not bothered by then.

Carmel is a lovely quaint town and we enjoyed walking around it. Dinner at the lovely Italian Versuvios.

Back at the hotel - you hang a card outside your door for your breakfast choices the next morning. Trays were delivered at 8.30am - toast, cornflakes - but no muffins as ordered for my son - he was not impressed - there's a bakery just around the corner.

I can only assume from the reviews that we were unlucky and got an old room in desperate need of updating. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
GMAdobeInn, General Manager at Adobe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Warsie,

Thank you very much for your very constructive feedback. I would like to make you aware that we are working gradually on your concerns.

Therefore, it would be my pleasure to welcoming you back to our hotel and hopefully you will have a more pleasant experience then.

Feel free to contact me personally anytime at sergio@adobeinn.com or 831-624-3933 so that I can look after you upon your next visit. I look forward hearing from you.

Warm wishes,