“Amazing experience”
Review of Vivace Restaurant

Vivace Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 388 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 40
Description: Italian for "alive," Vivace serves innovative Italian cuisine in a chic, contemporary atmosphere. The exquisite regional Italian fare features decadent entrees with a comprehensive wine list highlighting selections from regions throughout Italy. One of the finest Italian restaurants in San Diego, Vivace is the place to share good food and wine with family and friends. Vivace surrounds you in warm, elegant Mediterranean-style décor with Venetian plaster walls faux-finished in burnt orange, rich wood paneling and stone tiled floors. Floor-to-ceiling windows frame alluring views of the lush landscape. Tables are appointed with an eclectic array of accessories including elegant Italian flatware. Dine by the cozy fireplace in the winter or on the terrace during the warm California summer, while enjoying the spectacular Southern California sunset.
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Vivace at the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort and Spa in Carlsbad, CA exceeded our expectations in every respect. We made a reservation for dinner and were seated at a premium table next to the fireplace. The hostess was warm, welcoming, and attentive. She immediately asked if we had any allergies to any type of food. The entire staff of waiters was superior, professional, and fluent in describing every meal on the menu. Alcoholic drinks from the bar are truly exceptional and top shelf. The signature dish is the lobster risotto and it is far superior to any other similarly prepared dish we have eaten. The menu contains many high end Italian recipes, pastas, fish and shellfish, amazing steaks, chicken, soups, salads, and everything is prepared tonexacting perfection. The wine list is superior. Although we did not partake of dessert, the dessert menu was exceptionally impressive. A relaxing dining experience in stunning ambiance and all needs are anticipated by a great staff. Vivace has my highest recommendation.

ParkHyattAviara, Guest Relations Manager at Vivace Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear Paddy G, We are thrilled to read about your experience at Vivace! Thank you so much for taking the time to share. We are so happy you enjoyed your time and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

We've enjoyed many special meals at Vivace from birthdays to Thanksgiving and more. Always the best and guests from Europe recently told us the dishes they ordered were even better than the same back home!

Reviewed 12 December 2017

It's been a long time since we've been to Vivace even though we live in Carlsbad. The first time was when our children were quite young and the resort was still under Four Seaons's name. The meal was good but it's not easy for them to sit through the 3-hour dinner although they behaved themselves. So we often opted for the California Bistro instead. This year we decided to treat my mom to Vivace for her birthday dinner. Overall, the food was good and the service was fantastic. My mom had the 3-course meal and my husband and I both had the 4-course meal. We liked that we could choose from all the antipasto, pasta, entree, and dessert options unlike the normal prefix meals with only a few choices for each course. My mom's scallops did have a lot of sand in them but they took the entire 3-course meal's price off the bill so that told me customer satisfaction was important to them. The pasta courses were very good and the perfect portion size for a 4-course meal. When I normally have steak I opt for ribeye but the only steak entree option at Vivace was New York steak so I took a chance. I was not disappointed. The steak was cooked perfectly at medium rare, tender, and the entire dish was very flavorful. My biggest problem with the restaurant is with the chairs. The seats sagged a lot close to the back of the chair making both my mom and I feel like the chair was broken and we might fall through the seats. My mom is very petite so it's not a matter of our weights. That's why I gave them only 3 stars for ambiance. All in all, we enjoyed our dining experience and mom was happy with her birthday meal. We'd definitely come back.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

We used to go to Vivace Restaurant at least once our twice every year the last 15 years or so. This week we decided that although the restaurant still has good food, their menu has less options than it had in the past.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Just as you'd expect from a fine restaurant in a high-end hotel like the Park Hyatt, the food did not disappoint. We had italian dishes and lots of good bread and wine. The service is excellent and we highly recommend the restaurant.

Been to Vivace Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK