All reviews room was clean ralph's grocery store convenient location would stay again a great place to stay hairdryer convenience sink mattress
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Low a/c bathroom sink faucet loose low water pressure sheets did not smell fresh. At high summer prices I expect better. Mentioned problems to front desk she said new owners but did not offer any concessions.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Leepenn, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please know that the A/C conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Stayed here 3 nights as we went to Seaworld, Legoland and the San Diego Zoo's, it was close to all so we didn't have far to drive. The room was clean, they do not provide shampoo or a hair dryer, they do have free wifi but it was noisy as it is next to the freeway. The area was nice, you don't have worry about people hanging around outside or anything and it was about a mile from the beach. The pool was decent size and they did have a laundry facility.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear Rene, We appreciate you recognizing our excellent service, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Staff was friendly. Room floors dirty with past guest hair. My blanket had crusted food on it. There is no way it was washed.
Had to ask for wash cloths and had towels no one ever came so I had to go get them.
There are no tissues only toilet paper and bring your own shampoo you don’t get that either.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

1st I will say Friendly Staff... BUT They do Not Supply Kleenex Tissue, shampoo or cond. Also WiFy Not secure & Bad Connection...We had to Find a target & buy it...
Lumpy Hard Bed a thin Mattress on top of a plywood board. & Lumpy Pillows
This is the 1st time the Hotel did NOT supply Kleenex, come on I asked about it & was told it was a Corp thing they do not supply... So If you get a cold, have a runny nose you have to run to the Bathroom for toilet paper.. I know its a small thing But it ticked me Off as this trip was for my Mom & she uses Kleenex tissue al lot so that is why we had to buy some...

• Trip type: Travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Shelly, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The only reasons I chose this hotel were the price, the pool, and being close to the beach. However, the first days we were there the pool wasn't even open. The first night, I couldn't sleep much due to a tapping sound coming from the AC. In the morning I told the manager and she said someone would fix it but I could still hear it later on. The shower had hardly any water pressure. The second night I killed cockroaches!!! The next day I told the front desk clerk and she gave us a new room. She also said I should be able to get a refund and that she'd talk to her manager when she arrived. We last to go enjoy the day and were exhausted upon return. We had to go through all the trouble of packing up our things and moving downstairs. Upon checkout I finally got to speak to the manager. She said she was not authorized to give me a full refund and only gave me a partial one. I will NOT stay at this location again. It would've been nice if someone could have helped us move rooms and if I could've been granted a refund but this place was a terrible example of hospitality.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Carlsbad Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Erin, Thank you for sharing your review. Please know that the maintenance conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.