3,361 results
All reviews chopra center golf course water slides market place beautiful grounds play golf tennis courts kids club adult pool family vacation fitness center san diego family pool pools johnson waterslides meditation
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Well, we expected much better having stayed at other Omni resorts. Check in person - dry and not welcoming, didn’t offer us our Omni morning drink vouchers and advised Valet parking was $35 or we could walk a little ways away and pay $25 on a gravel / dirt road. Our room - the design is an epic failure. Who in their right mind puts the bathroom less than 3 feet next to the sleeping area, with a slatted door that doesn’t even close properly? You can literally see and hear everything and once the light comes on, the entire room lights up. Needless to say, this place (or perhaps just this room style) is not for a romantic getaway. Oddly enough, they could have placed the door in an unused area on the other side of the wall (see pics). Room #110 - no good, never again. Breakfast in the morning at Vue - only vegan option on the menu was potatoes. HAHA! I asked for sautéed veggies, literally got about 1/4 cup on my plate. The server, however, was lovely and tried to be accommodating. Adult pool - too small, no chairs available by noon and no pool service so you have to stand in line to get a drink - nuts. The grounds are beautiful, landscaping very pretty, hot tubs near each section were nice. I’d say this resort is pretty outdated, needs upgrading and isn’t luxurious as you’d expect from an Omni. We will stay elsewhere next time.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
LivG151, Guest Relations Manager at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear "nedarosa,"
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent visit. I sincerely apologize for the poor check-in experience, lack of drink vouchers, room conditions and lack of vegan options on our menu. I have made sure to share your feedback with my team so that they may make any necessary improvements and adjustments. I am sorry for the negative impact that these matters had on your stay with us. I am happy to know that you enjoyed our grounds, and we would love the opportunity to welcome you again sometime and ensure you have a flawless stay.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

We did not have heat in our rooms. We called engineering and they needed a part - management did not seem to care and handled it very poorly. Customer service needs to improve at the management level to make the guest feel welcome. Paige the assistant manager and Theresa, the front desk manager, did not do that for us. In fact, we were the ones that felt guilty for bringing it to management's attention and expecting better service. We will not be recommending Omni. We would like to add that Brooke at check in was wonderful and it is unfortunate that our stay went downhill from there because of management's lack of care for its guests.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Dear "681nias,"
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay. We are sincerely sorry that your room did not have adequate heating. I have sent you an email with additional correspondence regarding your visit, as well as my direct contact information. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this caused and we hope to have the chance to make it up to you upon a future visit.

Thank you and please do not hesitate to contact me directly,

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Seemed like everything we were asking for was a “No”. Was there early check-in? No. Was our room ready? No. Was the water slide open? No. Were the oranges at check in being replenished? No. Do you sell milk? No. Was there late check-out? No. You get the point.
Rooms for improvement- congested valet area, Potholes in the gravel parking lot, and busy construction areas.
The highlights of our family reunion (12 adults and 6 kids) was the sand pool and the heated pool. The splash pad was a little too cold for our toddlers. We love Carlsbad and it’s weather.

Trip type: Travelled with family
LivG151, Guest Relations Manager at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear "waitingtoexhale,"
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate your request for an early check-in and late check out, as well as our oranges and milk availability. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team so that we may make improvements as necessary. I'm glad that your family had a good time at our heated pools. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again and do our very best to accommodate your requests and make your visit special.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

The beautiful, yet older Omni la costa is a great property for business, couples, family. Although it is a little dated, the assistant front desk manager was extremely helpful in finding me a beautiful well appointed room, large in size, with a great bathroom with separate tub and shower. The staff were very helpful throughout the property, and although the property is spread out, the walking around is good for you. The grounds are maintained well, and housekeeping was attentive. I would recommend this property.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

To say we enjoyed our time here would be a huge understatement. I found this resort searching online for family friendly SoCal hotels (and had heard great recommendations for another Omni resort in Palm Springs). We were looking for a fun short getaway for my son’s third birthday, who is obsessed with staying in hotels. The hotel grounds were beautiful! And there were wild bunnies on the grassy areas right outside our rooms. From the second we arrived until the second we were leaving every employee we came in contact with was amazing, friendly, helpful, and so loving to my little boy. At check-in, the front desk helped us find the best room setup to be close to the kids pools, on the first level, and have rooms next to each other. Then they give a cute little backpack with activities to each kid who checks in. On top of that, they also came out with two happy birthday balloons for him. The bell hop at the car valet offered us a ride to our room on his golf cart so our son could have a ride, and was also very helpful about directions and resort info. That night we had dinner at their restaurant Vue. The hostesses were very kind and our server, Ramon, was friendly and great. They brought out a birthday dessert (with three candles!) and sang. When we came back to our room, concierge had sent a cupcake with a birthday card. We spent the whole next day using their pools with sand, water slides, and splash pads. The pool cafe wasn’t open (open seasonally) which was a bummer. But we had a great day and all the lifeguards were very friendly. That night they hosted a complimentary s’mores night outside their main lobby. We had an amazing time! And the service we received was impressive. Everyone remembered my son, knew his name, and knew it was his birthday. He felt so special and I so appreciate the effort made to help our stay feel as special as possible. We will definitely be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear "wanderer531555,"
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your 5-star TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at Omni La Costa Resort & Spa. We are delighted to learn that your son had a great 3rd birthday experience! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Ramon and the rest of our team here, as well. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back again, soon.