1,501 results
All reviews ocean front continental breakfast sound of the waves guest lounge within walking distance falling asleep rooms are huge oceanfront room yogurt boogie boards carlsbad village beach chairs and umbrellas full ocean view no elevator restaurants and shops hard boiled eggs beautiful room
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Room,spa and pool were very clean. View from the room and proximity to local cuisine has fantastic. Employees were very courteous. A few lights in the room either did not work or were burned out. Overall everything was very good.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BeachsideHotel, Hotel Manager at Beach Terrace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Happy Anniversary and thank you for the warm compliments! We love our location and are so pleased that you enjoyed all of the benefits of having both beach and so many restaurants within walking distance! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Took the family here and had a great time...perfect location for just relaxing on the beach or by the pool or even just walking to get some food. Very peaceful and relaxing place to enjoy the sunsets. Jacuzzi was great as well.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BeachsideHotel, Hotel Manager at Beach Terrace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your beach vacation! Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

My family and I have stayed at this hotel many times and truly enjoy it. It was just our last weekend trip, 09/16/2017 we stayed in room 31 and the A/C was not working well at all. To the point that I actually left the room and slept in my truck. We advised the desk person the next morning and she really didn't seem concerned, sorry, to bad. Just said, ok I'll have maintaince look at it. I, for some reason, expected her to at least say, I'm sorry to hear that, blah blah blah. $350.00 a night, You would expect the A/C to work.

Room tip: A/C didn't work.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2017

My husband and I take a STAYCATION every year in September. This year we stayed here. Yes, we splurged for this. If you stay here, You'll LOVE this hotel. It's ON THE WATER! I would recommend upgrading to the Beach view with balcony. It was the most relaxing EVER. Going to bed every night to the sound of the waves, puts you right to sleep and waking up to the same. The rooms are really nice with the shutters! We love that! Close to everything. We walked everywhere and even on the beach. The hotel has beach chairs and umbrellas for you too! I would recommend this hotel if you want to spoil yourself a little or just stay by the beach.

Room tip: Make sure you get a beach view balcony and not under the meeting room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BeachsideHotel, Hotel Manager at Beach Terrace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

We are so happy that you chose to "spoil" yourself at our little beachside gem! And trust us, we also appreciate what the sound of waves and a bit of fresh salty air can do for the spirit. Thank you for sharing your staycation experience with us and we hope you will consider us for your next getaway.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I hesitate to tell you how wonderful this little gem is because I don't want others to figure it out. We have enjoyed this property for years and it just keeps getting better and better. The service was exceptional this year. It's a beautiful location (right on the sand) and close to everything. You can walk to restaurants and shopping. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The breakfast and views are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE Beach Terrace Inn! Thank you Bobbi and Bart! :-) AB

Room tip: Definitely get ocean view or beach front, do not get a street view. You need to be looking at that gorgeous ocean and hear the waves!
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Anna Beth G

Thank you for your warm compliments! We love hearing that our loyal customers are consistently impressed with our amazing staff and remarkable hotel. We hope to have the chance to see you again soon!