“You get what you pay for”
Review of Ramada Carlsbad

Ramada Carlsbad
Ranked #36 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We just returned from our 2nd stay at this hotel and will not be returning again! It is so much more run down and dirty than our first stay. I wish I would have looked at these reviews because the complaints are accurate. On this trip we had to have maintenance come 4 times for repairs to our room and they only work 10-5 so most times we had to wait until the next day. The sink was broke, the tub was clogged, the bathroom light broke and the TV in the bedroom did not work. We had 4 people registered in this room and were only provided 3 bath towels each day. Every day I had to call for extra towels which only came when housekeeping cleaned our room. Even when I hung up the towels to reuse, the 4th towel was taken! I tried to complain to a manager but alas they only work bankers hours so unless you want to get a late start or return early from your day, you aren't able to speak to one. The cushions on the sofa were torn and had no cushioning. While it is convenient to have a suite when traveling with children and a small kitchenette we tried to economize our trip with paying less for a hotel and we sincerely regretted it.

Thank you for your review. Cris Vasquez
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
California
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed at the Ramada on a recent trip to Legoland with our three children, ages 1, 4, and 6. The only thing good about this hotel was that it offered one bedroom "suites," i.e., two separate sleeping areas. Anyone who travels with small children understands how nice it can be to have two rooms when staying in a hotel.

Other than that it was outdated and blah. The bed and pillows were not the best. (I tossed and turned for hours... couldn't get comfortable.) The wi-fi was free, but painfully slow. The continental breakfast was free, but kind of gross. For example, the apple juice tasted like brown colored water. They offered a kitchenette in the rooms, but it was pretty bare... no dish towels, sponges, etc Not a lot of style to the hotel. The whole time I kept feeling like the room was dirty, but that also may have been because the furnishings were so outdated.

Next time I think I will find a Marriott.

, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Thank you for your review. We are in the process of updating many features of the hotel. We have already added flat screen TV's and all new carpet thoughout the hotel. Plus, We are very excited about he new sofa beds coming this fall!
Torrance, California
Reviewed 16 June 2012

upon arriving at the hotel, i realized that the fwy is right behind it, and was noisy. upon arriving in our room, i found that the wifi in the room is not compatible with apple/mac computers and had to call for technical support. though the breakfast provided was good, the eating area was really small and they did not have enough waffle makers/toasters, always had to wait in line to get your turn. the rooms were clean and simple, the door for the separate room hit the bed whenever i opened it and the bathroom door was always in the way. overall, a decent stay. i hope in the future they consider putting in better windows so you dont hear the freeway as much.

, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate the time you spent on the survey. We do have heavily insulated windows on the freeway side but it sounds like you were able to hear it on the other side of the hotel. I apologize for that. All the best, CrisV
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The Ramada is located in south Carlsbad near the outlets, legoland, and many chain restaurants. It was very quiet but I could hear the freeway from my room. The room was a good size and clean. Staff was pleasant and I enjoyed the breakfast.
About a 10 minute drive you will be in north Carlsbad which has the local shops and restaurants. It's the Carlsbad Village.
I would stay here again as it was a fair price for a good room.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Ramada Carlsbad, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future. All the best, Cris V.
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Hey there, I thought this place would be decent, it has a 3+ star rating and it doesn't deserve it in anyway. Booked through Lego Land website.

Very Dirty, out of date, and EXTREMELY noisy. It's right by I-5 and you know it! There is no insulating glass or anything to help, just single pane windows to allow in all noise. In fact you can hear the beeping of the waffle machines from the little continental breakfast area in the morning.
Continental breakfast is the usual cheap coffee and bagels, and rolls but I figured that as most freebee breakfasts aren't great, and it doesn't affect my star rating. The couch in the room was so dirty I had to get a sheet to cover it. The kitchenette area isn't stocked with plates or utensils, and you must check out anything you might need from the office. Royal pain. This also goes for the pool towels which must get stolen because they work on a token system, if you don't return it they charge you! The beds squeak and moan with every move. If your considering this place reconsider, trust me you'll be glad!

Room Tip: Not sure I had a room looking over the pool and away from I-5 and it was REALLY noisy. If you face...