Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 1 May 2012

From the moment you walk in the place is clean and organized. The front desk staff is also friendly, knowledgeable, and accomodating (hard to find these days). Having the hotel near the McClellan-Palomar airport terminal also makes this location very convenient. If you're looking a pleasant stay without hassles, choose Homewood Suites! You will not regret it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
HWGeneralManager, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Tino D,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad our efforts to maintain and upkeep our hotel do not go unnoticed. I am happy also to hear that all of your encounters with the desk staff were pleasant and that they were accommodating. Thank you again for staying and taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We hope to see you again soon!!

Warm Regards,

Drew Allison

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I came across this hotel thru a friend summer 2011. Was so impressed with everything.
The location is so ideal and the price is amazing!

I usually spend my R&R there when I just wanna get away.
I got so impressed that I got my class to chose it as a venue for our 20th HS reunion on July 20-22,2012.

You should check this amazing hotel! Worth every penny! :)

Kudos to Ian Wilson, Brian Lagoner and the rest of the Homewood Suites Carlsbad staff.
You guys are awesome! Everyone is so nice and very accommodating.

More power and see u soon again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This is an acceptable place to stay for your trip to Carlsbad & Legoland if you have kids. The room has a living room separated from the bedroom by a door allowing you to put the kids on a sofa in the living room and have their own TV while the parents have the privacy of their own bedroom-much welcomed after a long day in the amusement parks. I would note on behalf of my 11-year-old son that he complained about the "rough" sofabed - and upon inspection he was correct, the padding was thin and you could feel the springs.

Full-sized refrigerator in room is a plus as well, this allowed us to bring back leftovers and store them for the next day. The free breakfast allows you to save money to start your day but had no hot meat items. The self-made waffles were my favorite.

Area around hotel was quiet and nice in appearance but no food places were within the immediate area. However, something outside where I parked our car created a horrible order (I couldn't guess if it was the nearby trash can or something else).

All staff I came into contact with were friendly. We use a lot of towels during our hotel stays and the staff never grumbled when we requested them and brought them up quick. Hotel room was clean but I noticed the floor was not swept one day of our stay.

Hotel pool area looked well-kept: My kids begged to get in but it was too chilly.

If we return to Legoland we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dubnation
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Living in beautiful southern California is a both a blessing and a curse. Here I enjoy birds chirping, an ocean breeze that gently sways the palm trees, and cool mid 70's weather on a daily basis.The curse? In laws. Everybody knows that fish stink after three days, right? So I send them down the street a few miles to the Home Wood Suites. After the 2nd year of them routinely visiting, they don't even bother staying at my house. Here is an excerpt from my uncle; "I first fell in love with this hotel right after my commute from the east coast came to a close. The beds are softer than a babies bum, and the HD television complemented it nicely. Every breakfast and dinner, you can consume as much food as your hearts content, with a different selection each night. And did I mention the beer and wine? Merlot's, chard's, cab's, and sauvs. They have four beers on tap that differ with the coming nights, including my favorite; Stone Pale Ale. Top this off with exceptional service, a nice pool to lay out and soak up the sun, and spacious rooms. I don't even need to leave. Great spot, good job guys."

Room Tip: 3rd floor, pool view!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This hotel exceeded my expectations from arrival to departure. With the fully equipped kitchens, to the super inviting dining area, this hotel has the magic to make you feel like you’re on vacation at home. Hotel associates were very knowledgeable and welcoming..awesome staff! Not only is it minutes from the beach, but there’s tons of stuff to do around the area. After the complimentary breakfast they offered, I sat out by the pool for a bit before I had to leave- I ended up having to request a late check out & was pleasantly surprised they were able to make accommodations with such short notice.. Great example of superior hospitality. This review really doesn’t do it justices for the great atmosphere and impressive service I recieved; I will definitely be returning :D

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family