All reviews quiet side front desk newer hotel free breakfast palomar airport road the breakfast area yogurt short stay nice hotel spacious room lego land heated pool nice size sofa bed exercise room fire pit enjoyed our stay
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn for 2 nights. Room was updated and very clean. They had a complimentary small breakfast which included oatmeal, eggs, waffles, sausage, breads and coffee, tea and juices. It was perfect way to start your day without being too much. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Hotel was close to freeways and about 8 minutes from Carlsbad Village and the beach. I highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
FredB2606, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your great comments about the team and the hotel, we are happy to see that you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you on return trips to Carlsbad.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night only Got room 227(double queen beds and sofa bed/seating area) which is a handicap room. Not something we needed but we didn't mind as we only stayed to sleep. Room was big and clean. Has coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave. The road into the entrance of the hotel is dark but once you are in their parking lot everything is fine. We forgot our toothpaste and 2 toothbrush. We asked front desk and they had some. Breakfast is well rounded. Breakfast area is small but I have yet to find a hotel who has a bigger area. It is a short drive to legoland maybe 5 minutes the most.
We are currently at a holiday inn near by and I regret not booking our 2nd night here at Marriott.
Marriott is by far a better hotel all around. Highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your great review, and yes we agree we are better than the Holiday Inn!

Reviewed 8 September 2018

I stayed for the first time in a King Suite. I love the layout. Everything is well thought out, smelled clean and new as well as the hallway and stairs leading to the 3rd floor (...and someone actually does vacuum the stairwell, that is a first. Many hotels ignore the stairwells which are a good place for rats and other vermin to feast with food crumbs and crap like that...). My room faced the front of the hotel with a view of the canyon hill in front of me. For privacy this is really nice because you can leave your window open and not have to worry about creepers peering into your room. The sofa and desk area is nicely divided from the King bed sleeping area and is near the window, really nice when working from the desk area where its nice and bright and you don't feel claustrophobic. Walking towards the exit door is the King bed with its own 42" Flat Screen. The TV channels were all HD and a good selection (don't you hate when hotels have mainly analog channels and a crappy old TV that is 10 years old, are you serious?) Plugs and other electronic facilities were well thought out in strategic locations making plugging and charging hassle free and convenient. Good choice in design and layout, ergonomics. Its the small things I notice that count. Moving into the bathroom its really nice with a walk in shower and all see through glass with glass door. Roomy, bright with a quiet fan. Plenty of room to layout your stuff without feeling crammed. The sink and faucet are not crusty and old, everything functioned perfectly. The hair dryer seemed brand new (or they are trained to wipe it down really good). Many hotels that don't give a crap fail to train the cleaning crews with a high level of cleanliness standard don't give the room a thorough detailed cleaning such as wiping the things down other peoples fingers touch all the time (and you never know where those fingers have been!). The room was pretty much spotless. For the price you cannot get any better, always under $200 per nigh year around, and usually under $175 per night off-season with free parking to boot. Moving to the breakfast its pretty much vanilla like other hotel chains but again everything well thought out and all flowing well. I got a late start no breakfast so my scrambled eggs were a little cold. Moving to the staff everyone was friendly and accommodating. They all seemed happy to be working at the Fairfield, or at least that is the impression I got. My impression is all that really matters anyway even if they really don't like their jobs and put on a show because when you work for a hotel chain impression is huge. When the staff seems happy and are smiling, courteous and accommodating you can't help but want to come back. I got this impression from most of the staff I encountered. What is negative about this place? My only gripe (and the reason I gave it 4 out of 5) is that I could not get my ATT Wifi Hot Spot to work because the signal is so horrible in that little canyon area that I had only 1 bar in various spots and most of the time 4G instead of LTE. In the morning though I had absolutely no signal while I moved to various spots in the dining area. Even walking outside to the front of the hotel no signal (ughhh!). I never use public unsecured wifi anywhere as I paid a hefty price once with highly confidential information.....I will never do that again. For this reason I have to "chop" this place and will only stay here as a last resort because I need my ATT WIFI signal for work as my travels are solely for business. If you have Verizon or any other carrier you are probably fine. Oh and if you care about a bar where you can get drunk and also a jacuzzi where you can yuck it up or want that "resort touresty" feel the Fairfield Carlsbad won't be your cup of tea. By the way I slept through the entire night for the first time in any hotel room (with over 50 stays per year). The beds are a dream. The room walls are dense and solid. I could not hear any sounds from my neighbors rooms.

Room Tip: Choose the 3rd floor facing the canyon hill
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your very detailed review, we appreciate he time that it took to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. I will see if there is a way to boost the cell signal at the hotel. Thanks again for the feedback.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Stayed here for a Legoland trip with the family. It's not as close as some of the other hotels in the area but definitely close enough, a short 5 minute drive to the amusement park. Room was pretty standard, nothing special but nothing bad. They offered a complimentary breakfast buffet which was nice. Don't expect amazing food but they did have a decent selection.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Fred B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you for taking to time to give us your feedback, we are happy to see you enjoyed your stay but will take your comments to try to improve the guest experence going forward.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

This property is one of the best of Marriott that we have stayed at. Sophia greeted us with her lovely brilliant smile and we felt right at home. Sparkling clean and new- this place is a 12 on a ten scale. Awesome breakfast and fabulous location near the beach. The very best Marriott hotel we have stayed at.

Room Tip: Awesome in every way!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Fred B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Diego Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you for the great review and for personally recognizing Sophia! We are happy that you enjoyed you stay and hope to see you again when you return to Carlsbad.