“Very Cool Place to Drink and Watch People!!!!”
Review of The Compass

The Compass
Ranked #39 of 365 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American
Description: Gastropub new to Carlsbad, excellent food and large selection of beer
Reviewed 10 February 2018

The Compass was another bar in this wonderful town of Carlsbad. It’s in the village area… my server was great!!!!! We started off with 4 of us and ended up with about 8 and she was super with us as new people kept joining our little party…. This place is very eclectic and such a cool place to drink and visit!!!!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Rarely eat here though the couple of times that I have the food has been good. I don't think it is phenomenal. They do have an excellent selection of wines and local craft beers. If you can't find something that appeals to your taste, you are too picky. Usually have at least one beer from every major type. My wife loves their wine selection so we usually go there to grab a drink while out or after dinner if we have time.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

went on a whim with a girlfriend and the specialty drinks to die for, and the food menu was so eclectic we couldn't choose! we ended up sharing three appetizers and they were all AMAZING. recommend 100%

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We had drinks and dinner here while visiting Carlsbad. Our waitress Kitty was awesome....fun, helpful, and gave us great tips on the area. We ordered the chicken and a burger. Burger was to die for, chicken was okay. We also ordered local beers from list. Would definitely visit again!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

After several hit and misses while visiting Carlsbad with my granddaughter this place was a "hit" all the way around. We came for a late lunch and were seated immediately. There is an outdoor patio area, bar area and booths. We sat at a booth; were immediately brought a high chair for our little one. Audrey was our fantastic server and Chef saw us sitting with a toddler and offered to bring her their scrumptious Mac and Cheese ASAP so my daughter and I could enjoy a brew first. What fantastic service! It was the first time she ate with a big girl spoon and we could hardly grab a bite - it was delicious! We started with a very good (I'm gonna steal this dish for home appetizer) - grilled zucchini on wood plank with whipped goat cheese, piquillo peppers and they had me at marcona almonds !! My favorite almonds!. I went for their Compass Burger but asked and it was a "yes" in making it with lamb. It was perfect!! My daughter went for the Pork Belly Banh Mi it was delicious. There is something for everyone here. When I get back; I'm taking my husband to The Compass because I know he'll love it as much as I did.

1  Thank Vinnie1973