“Chicken Parmesan -Oh My! Great authentic Italian food!”

Spirito's Italian Diner
Ranked #22 of 388 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 14
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 14 August 2017

It's a proverbial "hole in the wall" of strip mall with great authentic Italian food. Listen, I don't even like Chicken Parmesan, but I LOVE theirs with angel hair. (My BF ordered it and I practically ate all of his so I am officially a convert.) Apparently this place was featured on the program Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives with Guy Fieri - I can taste why. If you like Italian - this is the spot. It's tiny though - only a few tables so go early or take it to go like I do. Cheers!
For more foodie and travel tips and adventures, visit onthelooselive.com

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Like many others, we were led to try this hole-in-the-wall restaurant by seeing it featured several years ago on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives; it was really worth the stop. Upon entering the restaurant, we were warmly greeted by several people. The smell of the food was very appetizing. I had a sausage and cheese sandwich that was delicious, the "gravy" was as good as it gets. My wife enjoyed a slice of cheese pizza, and we both coveted the pasta dishes that were being served to guests near us. We looking forward to stopping by and trying out more menu offerings in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Having food this since in was on Triple D, I had to try it. Had the ravioli with meat sauce and was not disappointed. It was everything that is was pumped up to be. They warn you to eat ravioli early in the week as they may run out by the end. Place was busy with carry out and all 10 or so tables were full. Will definitely return if in the area. Don't miss out on this hidden gem.

1  Thank Pastorkevin71
Reviewed 29 June 2017

We've relied on Spirito's - pronounced spirit - ohs, not spur-eat-ohs, for years. Great pasta dishes and the best pizza around served with exceptional red "gravy". Yes, the linguini with clams is made with canned clams, but that's forgivable given the overall quality of food; only items we don't reorder are the white sauce pizzas. Expect a line if you arrive after 4:00pm; it's popular, and they do take-out. Located in a strip mall, seating inside can get tight, but a few shaded tables outside are welcoming. Featured on Guy Fieri's, "Diner's Dives and Drive-ins" show on Food Network TV. Easily the best restaurant in the NE Carlsbad/SE Oceanside area and our local favorite. Very casual.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

The pizza was way better then anything back home! ( Calgary,Canada) However the Cannoli was AMAZING and so was the Caesar salad! Next time we wont order and pick up we will go in and eat!

Been to Spirito's Italian Diner? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK