1,148 results
All reviews across the street luxury suite within walking distance full kitchen beach towels boogie boards gas fire beach access putting green perfect location restaurants and shops grounds are beautiful carlsbad village pool and jacuzzi great room home away from home living room
Reviewed 17 February 2016

My Mom and Thomas got a room for Valentines Day night! OMGoosh this place is awesome! The tropical palms are everywhere! Tiki torches and hand carved Tiki palm tress add a stellar feature! The staff and owners are very nice! Professional and VERY accommodating! The houise

Room tip: all of them!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Thomas R
Reviewed 16 February 2016

I cannot say enough good things about our experience at the Ocean Palms Resort. First, Barry, Jr. and the front desk staff are wonderful...accommodating, helpful and extremely nice. The hotel itself is across the street from the beach and right in Carlsbad Village. We never had to drive anywhere except to the dog beach in Del Mar and to Legoland. Everything else that you need is in walking distance like shops, restaurants, liquor stores, tacos, etc. We stayed in the Tahitian suite which was perfect. It was roomy, very nicely appointed, full kitchen and a beautiful bathroom. We had two couples with two toddlers and two dogs and the room never felt cramped. It's a nice, large size, like a condo. You also have your own little front yard area with a hot tub. Heaven. I was initially worried that being right on Ocean St. would be noisy, but it wasn't at all. I never was disturbed at night by street noise and I am a light sleeper. The room also has a dutch door which is wonderful for letting the sea breeze in. The rest of the grounds are beautiful with fire pits, plenty of tables, grills, heated pool and hot tub. And the lobby has tea, coffee, fruit, cookies and pastries available all day. There's a small store where you can buy things, but I never went in it to see what they sold. Absolutely perfect place and excellent experience.

Room tip: Stayed in the Tahitian suite, 2 bedrooms & a beautiful bathroom w jetted tub. Has own private yard area with hot tub. Loved all of it.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank jsueb28
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Location is yards away from the beach access and easy walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Interior courtyard offers quiet with pool and hot tub. The front desk personnel , especially Todd and Braj, are ready to offer suggestions and ideas to make your stay most enjoyable. Office coffee,pastry, and fruit are a nice extra plus the beach chairs and towels. Stayed 6 nights in the mini suite. Expect to return and would select Ocean Palms again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

The Ocean Palms Resort is Carlsbad/San Diego's best kept secret. I was planning a weekend getaway for my boyfriend and I and was looking for a hotel that was close to the beach with a room with an ocean view and a kitchenette. I searched online for weeks and was not pleased with the results. Most exceeded my price range and didn't look to be all that great judging from the photos and online reviews. Then one day I stumbled upon the Ocean Palms Resort.

The resort had everything I was looking for and more! And the price was right and well worth it. I booked the Luxury Ocean View Suite with a King bed and sofa/sitting area and was guaranteed that particular room at the time of booking. We stayed for 3 nights from 1/30/16 - 2/2/16. We arrived early on Saturday and was able to check in at 3:00pm. The staff was very welcoming and super friendly. The room looked even better than the photos online and the resort is literally steps from the beach.

The kitchen was amazing. It was FULLY equipped with stainless steel appliances and a nice dining room table. I cooked an awesome pancake breakfast one morning and chicken and shrimp scampi one evening. There is a Neighborhood Walmart just a few miles away for your shopping needs. The kitchen also had a microwave that came in handy for our popcorn, Netflix and chill night.

The hotel is situated at the corner and very close to the street. So I was able to hear/see people passing by. That was not a problem though. It was nice to see the locals and tourists enjoy the weather and scenery.

The one and only downside for me is our room had a shower only and no tub. I love taking long hot baths. However, that was a small sacrifice for all the other awesome amenities.

I highly recommend this resort/hotel and I will definitely stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2016

Ocean Palms has the perfect location. Ocean Palms is near all of the great eateries of Carlsbad Village and only about 30 yards or so from the beach. Great room with great value and a friendly staff. I highly recommend Ocean Palms for a weekend getaway or for an extended vacation break.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel