All reviews recreation room across the street within walking distance great location first floor ocean view carlsbad village time share free underground parking continental breakfast hotel guests every morning yogurt beautiful room beach access ping pong table heated pool
Reviewed 16 September 2018

This is a very great location for beach, restaurants, shopping, no need to get into your car. Pool area Jacuzzi great. Sun deck beautiful Would recommend for family or couple vacation. Adjacent restaurant very nice!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
TamarackBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Tamarack Beach Resort and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Hi Micahelj470,

Thank you for vacationing with us! We truly hope we were able to exceed all your expectations. Come back and see us again!

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

It wS expensive but right across the road from the beach. It was very clean and the staff were amazing. The ocean side balconies were nice and the view was outstanding. It was very quiet. My only negatives were the scimpy breakfasts and the chairs were cumbersome they had for guests. Over breakfast and beach equipment are needed.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
TamarackBeachResort, Front Office Manager at Tamarack Beach Resort and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Hi Kathrynmarycady

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your most recent stay with us. We hope it is not the last! We also appreciate your feedback regarding the breakfast and beach equipment. I will ensure this gets passed on to the GM Tony, who is always looking for opportunities to improve. Until the next time, have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We were welcomed at front desk by Patrica and Trevor who treated us like family! We had a beautiful room by the pool. Housekeeping and other staff very nice and helpful as well. We would defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at poolside are very nice. I have no idea about the street side.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Bcwelsh

We sure do appreciate your stay with us! It is always a delight to hear that our staff treated you like family. We pride ourselves in our customer service and look forward to making every guest a return guest. With that said, see you next time!

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Coming back to the same resort year after year works here, as there is a real effort to keep this location in top condition. While that keep ownership dues high, it does make for a consistently positive experience when visiting, which is the real purpose in the end. Across the street from the Tamarack State Beach, it is well suited for a beach layabout stay - but a few blocks from downtown Carlsbad and it's many shops, restaurants, and bars = including some trendy new concept ones- makes it appealing year after year.

Room Tip: Best views on ocean side; but third floor is most quiet as it faces what can be a busy street
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Hi Onetravelman,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review regarding your experience as a timeshare owner. It is so pleasing to know that your stay with us is always a positive one. Our owners tend to become like family over the years. As does the annual visit to Tamarack Beach Resort become a much anticipated family tradition. We certainly appreciate your continued ownership.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We've come here for several years. It's a nice place - small hotel on first floor and timeshares on second and third floor. Within 15 minutes of getting to our room, we got a call from "the front desk" asking for credit card information because of a computer problem. Sounded like a scam, so I hung up and went to the front desk. It WAS a scam! AND they called us again 2 more times! The person at the front desk said they have been having this problem, but the only notice (that she had to point out) was a small piece of paper by the phone warning about this. Not noticeable at all - especially when you are unpacking for 3 people. They then put notices on the doors of the rooms (much better) - but they were taken down by the time we left. I don't know if they stopped the problem or not, but a fair warning when we checked in would of been nice.

The A/C is loud and blows right down on one of the beds. I have to chill the room at night and then turn off the A/C to be comfortable.

This year I booked a room for my daughter to stay 4 nights. On the 3rd night, the people above her room were extremely loud after 10pm. Kids jumping off of beds and pounding on the floor. Completely unable to sleep. The front desk sent security to have them calm down and they basically said "NO" - we're having fun. This lasted until almost midnight when they finally offered her another room (instead of solving the problem). The front desk manager told my daughter the next morning that it was not handled properly (no kidding). I had to track her down to express my concerns. She was nice and offered a special rate for next year. We'll see.

In addition, the lobby has been remodeled. Updated and clean, but they painted over a beautiful mural of the ocean that was behind the front desk. Looks very sterile all over. I personally think the lobby area lost a lot of it's charm with the upgrade. I can understand the new floors, but the overall look is pretty stark. I hope they address these issues.

Regardless, the location is great, if not a little noisy because of Carlsbad Blvd. Last year I gave this hotel 5 stars. With the issues we had this year, I felt I had to mark it down. It wasn't a bad stay, it just wasn't as good as in the past.

Room Tip: Ocean view or partial ocean view are the best!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family