What more can you say, blue warm ocean water, the palm trees, beautiful sunrise and sunset, surfers, degrees mostly in the 70s, thats pretty much all year long. Beautiful historical city. People so helpful and extremely friendlyMore
What more can you say, blue warm ocean water, the palm trees, beautiful sunrise and sunset, surfers, degrees mostly in the 70s, thats pretty much all year long. Beautiful historical city. People so helpful and extremely friendlyMoreShow less
Thanks, Colleen - we're happy to hear you enjoyed the beauty of Carlsbad. We love it here too. Thanks for staying with us.
My family and I were so excited to stay at the Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort. Unfortunately, it was awful. A HUGE Disappointment. If you want a relaxing vacation, this is NOT the place for you. Why??
1. Upon check in I was notified that there would be two days when the water would be shut off from 10-6 pm due to maintenance. When I asked why I wasn't notified about this prior to arriving, they said this is just a courtesy notification and that we can shower and use the bathrooms near the activities area. After three calls to Resort Time and speaking to the front desk, I was finally reimbursed for one night. It still hasn't posted to my account.
2. There was very limited parking and they still charge you $20 a night. When I asked for help or other options, they told me to park on the street. Given the number of people in the beach area, that is easier said than done!
3. The pool is too small for the number of people at the resort. So, don't plan on swimming in it. My kids love swimming. But they did not go in the pool once given the limited space.
4. The kids hot tub was full of people and was dirty with who knows what given the color of the water.
5. Housekeeping only comes once in a while.... bring your own soap, shampoo and conditioner. You get very limited amounts....
6. Amenities. The beach chairs they give to you are broken. Umbrellas they give to you are also broken. You are also limited to one umbrella per room. A family of four can not fit under there.
7. There is NO CONCIERGE. They do not know anything about the area. So, do your research on your own. They also do not offer a shuttle to LEGOLAND like their sister properties.
8. The Wifi is free, but doesn't work. So, don't plan on streaming any videos or checking email in many locations of the resort. (Resort really doesn't describe this hotel. It is more like an elevated Motel).
The location is excellent if you enjoy lots of people and tourism. You can walk to everything, including the beach. But other than that, our stay was awful. The people that worked there did not offer any help. I guess customer service isn't part of the amenities program either.
I have called Resort Time several times, spoke with several people, they always say they will call me back..... but I have yet to hear from anyone.
The location may be awesome. But, buyer beware. You could get there and be told to shower somewhere else, buy new chairs, get your own soap and find your own parking!! Not the trip we hoping for. Maybe Resort Time will call me back now??
Hi Rachel - you can expect a call from us today so we can work with you to resolve. We are more than happy to help you.
Carlsbad Inn is totally enjoyable and relaxing. Located across the street from the Pacific Ocean all amenities are within walking distance. Park, get your weekly needs and enjoy the resort, shops, variety of eating spots, the beautiful grounds, friendly staff and beautiful weather. If you cannot relax here you will not be able to do so anywhere. Lots of kids activities, music twice a week and an extremely pleasant and helpful staff.
Hi Charles - thank you for the 5-star rating! We're glad you enjoyed your time here in Carlsbad.
This is the perfect location close to the beach, shops and restaurants, friendly staff and well kept rooms and grounds. Very low key and relaxing. I've visited the Carlsbad Inn annually for over 15 years and keep coming back!
Yay for repeat customers! Thanks for coming back every year - until next time...
This beautiful, old (but refurbished) property sits smack dab between Carlsbad's downtown district and the Pacific Ocean. There are timeshare buildings, closer to the water (a small street with homes separates the hotel property from the ocean), and the hotel rooms are in a building towards the entrance.
It's a bit tricky to get to the rooms from the underground parking, but the parking deck is a nice amenity. Once in the room, we were pleasantly surprised by the size and amenities. There's a small fridge and microwave, a big bathroom with double sinks and walk-in shower. There was street noise, so I just turned on my white noise app on my phone. Bed and pillows were very comfortable.
Swimming pool is a bit small, but all we did was catch a few rays for 30 minutes. It's a short walk to the beach (which we didn't walk) down some steps. If you go out the front door and walk to the right, you can walk along the sidewalk by the beach, or go down a level and walk on a paved path right along the sand. Very nice! We enjoyed walking around Carlsbad and had a great dinner at Jay's (right across the street) and Swami's for breakfast.
WiFi worked well, and we enjoyed the fruit-infused water in the common area. The night we were there, they were showing a movie out on the lawn for the many families gathered around, and doling out root beer floats. A very family-friendly place.
Bottom line is, while this place isn't inexpensive, it has a lot to offer and we'd go back in a heartbeat!
We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.
The location of this property is one of a kind - sitting in the middle of Carlsbad Village. It even has steps at the end of the huge lawn that takes the guests down to the sand/beach. The property has two sets of rentals: either timeshare units with bedrooms and kitchen facilities, or hotel rooms which are cheaper. It has a small pool and Jacuzzi for children and a larger, warmer Jacuzzi for adults on the beach side of the lawn. There is a small workout gym, fire pits surrounded with lounges, games for teenagers to stay occupied. Parking can be problematic in Carlsbad. So, if you stay in this resort, you never have to take your car out to go in search of food or shopping. My only concern this time around was that right in the middle of swimming, the maintenance guys cleared out the pool, and put some kind of acid in the pool that boiled and bubbled and emitted atrocious fumes (bad for the toddlers). I said something to the maintenance man and he said they do this every two hours! On hearing this, we said good-bye to the pool, and went in search of something else to do.
Hi Evelina - thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us here at Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort. We appreciate you sharing your insights.
We would like to give you some more information on the work that was being done at the pool. You happened to be there when a crew was draining the pool down and acid washing the step as part of our routine maintenance. Once that process was completed, the water was rebalanced before the pool was reopened. We perform this work every two years (not two hours) and there is no danger to swimmers.
If there are any other questions we can answer for you, don't hesitate to reach out directly to our General Manager, Randal Chapin, at (760) 434-7020.