1,496 results
All reviews within walking distance the mexican restaurant across the street beach chairs boogie boards bedroom condo hot tub san diego sand toys the coaster daily activities time share underground parking farmers market ocean view restaurants and shops southern california
Reviewed 1 July 2016

Just wonderful! Everyone is so nice and we love all the activities the hotel offers. They have things for you to use (chars, umbrellas, beach toys, etc...) that you check out at the cabana. The beach is right across the street and the views are lovely!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Veronica Z
Reviewed 30 June 2016

The room was clean, large and comfortable. The location is fabulous. The staff friendly and helpful, expect when my wife cut her finger on the ice machine. The clerk seemed uninterested in finding out what caused the problem and simply gave her a bandage.

My problem is calling it a resort raised my expectations. The pool so proudly pictured in the picture is so small, I actually went to the front desk to make sure there was more than the "kiddy pool" available. There are plenty of restaurants close by, but none on site. Really, it is a hotel. A very nice hotel and a very well run hotel, but if you are used to staying at a real resort, this might be a bit of a let down.

To be fair, in walking around the town it does appear the word "resort" is rather loosely applied by other hotels in the area.

Another disappointment was the air conditioner. It worked great, but at times sounded like a small truck.
The name resort

Room Tip: Unless you want to listen to the busy street out front make sure to book on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott F
GPR S, Guest Relations Manager at Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Hi Scott. We appreciate you taking the time to share constructive feedback regarding our resort and will share your thoughts with our leadership team. We're close to many restaurants and are located just steps from the beach. While we don't have a restaurant onsite, our guests love being able to walk wherever they want. Thank you once again - please allow us to serve you sometime soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Our family has been coming to the resort for 30+ years and we have always been treated like family. Tim (in maintenance) has been especially attentive in making sure that everything is up to standard! Thank you Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort for always making us feel at home!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mago429
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

We were always running in to a couple of the employees, Tim and Pat, obviously busy and still super friendly! We come here often because the location is walking distance from anything u could possibly want and the staff is always upbeat and helpful!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I visited this resort as Diamond members the first week in April with my family to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. On arriving home in the UK I realised I had left a very special anniversary gift from my husband in the apartment along with expensive reading glasses which were my daughters. I contacted them and they located the necklace but not the glasses. I gave credit card details and since then have rang and emailed numerous times but they have still not returned this to me - 3 weeks ago they told me it was because they did not have an address for me - why did they not contact me or respond to emails?? I called again last night but no-one is taking responsibility to sort this out. It is very alarming that you cannot trust people at this resort - we have never come across this before when vacating with Diamond.
Although the resort is very nice be very very careful and check you have everything before you leave!!! it is now 3 months since we were there and they still have not sorted this for me.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank ann3732016
GPR S, Manager at Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Hi ann3732016. We are disappointed to hear that our property did not meet your expectations. We apologize for the issues you encountered as well as the delay. Please send an email to Joli Hatch at jhatch@gpresorts.com@gpresorts.com, so she can get your contact information to find out more details. We would like to help you and resolve this issue.