“Expensive and just not that tasty”
Review of Dickey's Barbeque

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dickey's Barbeque
Ranked #135 of 188 Restaurants in Campbell
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

I was really surprised to see the prices here. Also the servings are really small. I had to ask for a bit more meat on my salad and was startled to see it would cost another $8. The salad was already expensive. I won't be going back. The food is not that great for the price.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Dickey's Barbeque

Reviewed 10 November 2014

I am sorry to say this because I really wanted to like this place. but like another reviewer said, the food was pre-cooked. I ordered at 4:30 so the food should have been fresh, I was shocked to see the server unwrap a rack of ribs from plastic. That was a huge turn off because I knew they would taste like left overs. The sides (potato casserole was very salty and the Cesar salad was chopped lettuce (very bruised) and a very mayonnaise heavy dressing. Not at all pleasant. I did sample the mac and cheese and again very salty and plastic tasting like KFC's. The ribs were dry and like eating leather. Something an amateur cook would do. The beef brisket sandwich that was ordered in addition to the ribs plate was actually a jerky sandwich. Chopped to bits that fell out of the bread and dryer than the desert. This experience cost me 22.00 and ended up in the garbage. When I called to complain I was told to either bring it back for something else or talk to the general manager the next day. Why would I want to subject myself and partner to more bad food? Sam's BBQ is comparable in price and much better quality. I would opt for Armadillo Willies before I ever step into this place again. If they want to serve the food they are currently serving, they need to lower the price. It is just not worth it. My opinion. YUCK!!!!!!!!! Stay clear of this place if you want good BBQ. NOT GOOD!

Reviewed 14 September 2014

Place is essentially a bar with great food. I usually do takeout, which I guess most people don't do because the staff always seems confused about who takes the order and procedure for taking the order. They are nice about it though.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had the barbeque chicken and 2 sides. Free soft serve ice cream is included with your meal. The food was good.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I think the biggest reason I didn't like the place immediately is because they weigh their meat in front of you and when they aren't weighing the meat, they are pulling it out of packages. That is such a turnoff. I am not a pig but I don't like my food weighed in front of me. Chipoltle did this in the beginning and the decided it wasn't the best method to use, especially in front of the customer.

The second thing is that these guys are ridiculously expensive. I bought a tri-tip salad and i think there were like 6 pieces of trip tip. I asked for a second serving of tri-tip or brisket and they charged me $6 or $8.. My total saled cost was $15 or $16... The food wasn't that great either.

I suppose that if you are looking for deep BBQ, you have two choices in Campbell/Cambrian Park. You can go to Armadillo Willy's or this place. Neither are really satisfactory but then again, you can always just do it yourself.

1  Thank battmast