“A Local staple”

Hick'ry Pit Original
Ranked #46 of 195 Restaurants in Campbell
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 1 February 2017

This place has been around forever and it is easy to over look. It is one of the few breakfast restaurants in the area. Walkiing in reminds you of a 1950-1970's diner with its aging booths, tired carpets , all of the accoutrements of age.

However, I have only ever had breakfast there , so I may be missing the major hit of this place- thei hickory smoked meats served for lunch and dinner.
If breakfast is any indication , then You should try lunch and dinner there too.

THe menu is middle of the road American Diner- with a couple of "exotic" benedict's thrown in there. This Is one of the few places that knows how to make crispy (BOTH SIDES) hash browns out of those paper shredder potatoes. Omelets are scrambleomelets- but good nonetheless.

As i said its easy to over look because it has been sitting there for ever - but go in and give them a try. Everything is good without being ostentatious or presumptuous, or trying to make some kind of foodie statement.$40 for two i would call mid range.

1  Thank Mithra

Reviewed 29 January 2017

Had a great dessert. The place has more than adequate parking and has a large dinning room that had lots of open seats. The pie alamode was served with cold pie; hardly my desire. The service was good, however, very impersonal.

1  Thank donwolf20
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

This restaurant used to be so good. Now it's just so-so. Service was very good and parking is free and adequate. Pricing was reasonable. I don't think I'll be going back too soon.

1  Thank Glenn T
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

This morning I had breakfast at the Hick'ry Pit Original. I ordered the California roll with cheese and mushrooms. Hash browns were included. Both were very good. I included some photos of the fresh deserts. My relative purchase a whole peach pie. The food was very good, but expensive in my opinion.

1  Thank UCF1983
Reviewed 9 April 2016

Went here as a teenager over 55 years ago. Still a good breakfast and the service was excellent. It's not too far from the hotel and I knew where it was. I rarely eat at a facility where I stay hence my choice for breakfast.