“It's so fresh it's cooked as you watch”
Review of Mangolian BBQ

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mangolian BBQ
Ranked #26 of 56 Restaurants in Cameron Park
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 21 December 2017

I love this place. If I Iived closer I'd eat here at least once a week. They immediately serve you drinks and an appetizer of a crispy wonton with sweet and sour sauce along with a pot sticker,

Next you visit the salad bar, It's simple with a dozen items and two dressings. I always add on from the vegetables in the BBQ offerings and place it on my table.

Then I fill my bowl with the veggies and meats I like (beef, pork, lamb, turkey) and finish with chopped garlic and three of the eight or so sauces. Then you hand your bowl stacked as high as you can get it to be cooked on the grill. If you don't like spicy food, ask the grill man to clean the grill so that no hot oil is left on the grill.

When you return to your seat you'll find a small dish of rice which I promptly add to my cooked meat and vegetables. While they cool I eat my salad.

For lunch you get one trip to the food line, at dinner there is no limit. At dinner you can make several small bowls with each one very different.

Lunch for two last week was $22 plus tips for a meal that is almost as fast as at a fast food restaurant and extremely fresh.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Great food and wonderful service. We go there often. Pick and choose what you want in your bowl and viola! it's cooked to perfection!

Reviewed 5 November 2014

This place is located in an aging strip of retail stores. While the outside looks kind of neat as an old west town, the interior needs some major attention- including cleaning. Definitely not fancy and I would not take a date here.
The food is fresh and a great deal for the price. One can eat very healthy here for a very fair price. The staff have always been friendly. The cook is fun to watch and he works VERY hard---no matter how busy I have seen this place I have never seen more than one cook working the hot grill which he stir fries your ingredients personally, walking a full circle around the frill for each bowl....he must walk MILES every day!

Good food- nice people- facility needs attention.

Reviewed 4 November 2014

Load up your bowl with the raw ingredients and then watch as the master cooks with the finesse of an expert. Its true poetry in motion. If that's not enough for you, the food is also very good eating. For an encore performance, have seconds... if you have room!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I visited several Mongolian BBQ places in Dallas, Albuquerque, Cleveland, ... this one comes very close to some of the best but not quite. They have very good variety. Service is nice. Good value.
I also like their suggested recipes cards. I don't use them because I like to make my own but it was helpful for the kids.