“Finally? A restaurant with a REAL ocean view off highway 1!”
Review of Centrally Grown

Centrally Grown
Ranked #21 of 53 Restaurants in Cambria
Cuisines: Deli
Description: Centrally Grown at Off The Grid, is open and under new management. Come join us! Enjoy the breath taking view, while enjoying the food, beverages & ambiance.
Reviewed 19 July 2017

This restaurant was known for many years as Hamlet's and was very good with candlelight type lighting and pretty romantic. Fast forward to this past year when it opened as a hip, fun, eclectic type of garden and area with a deli first floor and superb restaurant, okay bar above. THE VIEWS from the second story windows are fantastic!!! The food was excellent, I had a type of taco salad - outstanding. My friend had fish tacos which she also enjoyed. Dynamite margarita as well! Great staff, very good service and a more modern, hip atmosphere for sure. I noticed there was an elevator which I thought made it especially nice for the handicapped or those in need. Bathroom downstairs clean and water-wise. Wide open aisles for wheelchairs as well, which again, I like. Children okay.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

If you want to have the impression that you are on candid camera. Visit Centrally Grown. The interaction between the staff and the general atmosphere is really beyond anything you would expect in a restaurant in this price range. You will be ignored at the reception desk, you will be asked by three different waitors to place your order, you will get icecream served with a fork instead of a spoon, you will have to wait for your coffee a very long time and than when it's served you still will need to ask for a spoon and sugar...
The food is Ok but overpriced. This was not an experience to repeat.

1  Thank Wildlifebrothers
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We hit the right moment. We arrived on a Monday in July at 2 p.m. Place wasn't busy, and service was just great. I had chicken tacos, which were tasty, and others opted for turkey-avocado sandwich and the pear-cheese burger. All good. Great view on a gorgeous day. We were seated at table no. 1, in corner beside the bar. I would recommend that one, partly for clear ocean view and partly because a separate, foot-level window opened to allow a nice, cool breeze that connected us with the seaside views. Dining room has equally nice views, but I don't think it had the option to open a small window to be in touch with the fresh air. Overall, a high-quality experience we'll happily remember.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Our server was excellent and we were made to feel very welcome. My husband enjoyed his steak but I had a vegetable risotto and the asparagus was a bit stringy. I ordered a New York cheesecake which unfortunately had not been defrosted properly so had to be sent back to the kitchen. We were going to order coffee but our check was bought to our table before my husband had finished his pudding not giving us time to ask.

1  Thank marriottlinda
Reviewed 7 July 2017

We've been big fans of this place since it opened a few years ago. However, we never know what to expect when we drive up to the place. It seems that everytime we go by, everything changes including food, bar, grounds, hours and management. The latest incarnation shows some improvement with food served in the upstairs restaurant. What used to be a wonderful market and deli downstairs is now just a coffee bar. The menu in the restaurant is limited but tasty. The grounds are a bit neglected these days but still wonderful to relax and enjoy a glass of wine. The views are still spectacular! We are still fans but you never know what you're going to get....

1  Thank tsonloc