“6 Stars!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambria
Fog's End Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 24 Cambria B&B and Inns
USA
“6 Stars!”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I would give this B&B more than five stars if I could. The place is reflective of the reception the owners gave us - classy, elegant, refined, warm, and friendly. We arrived as the wind, cold, and fog were settling in. I was so glad to get out of the cold and into the warmth of Jan and Jim's cozy home! The entire house is very, very clean. Its decor is fresh, tasteful, and uncluttered with every furniture having a function (which I really like). I could really feel the positive, calming, and very pleasant energy of this place. We slept very well at night, and we didn't hear a single sound from the main street or within the home!

Breakfast was very delicious. It felt like we were eating in a 5-star hotel and served like royalty. Everything about this B&B is almost perfect, except for one very minor thing which is a matter of personal preference for me. I would have loved a fluffier pillow. My partner had a nice fully pillow, but mine was firm and flat. It made me want to steal my partner's pillow during the two nights we stayed!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I have been meaning to write this review for a while as I couldn't go without commenting on how perfect our stay was at Fog's End B&B. My fiance and I are in our late 20's and were road tripping (in comfort) up the West Coast in September 2011. We stayed in Fog's End for one night and could not have asked for a bigger welcome. We came from Santa Barbara and arrived in the afternoon to wine, cheese and nibbles before settling into our perfectly spotless, spacious and modern room. The owners are fantastic, they know the area very well and are happy to sit down and chat and recommend local restaurants and landmarks etc. They recommended a superb fish restaurant by the beach for us to go and enjoy a sunset, where my boyfriend later proposed. The evening ended with drinking port on the veranda and a nice healthy homecooked breakfast the next morning. This place does hold a very special place in my heart and I would recommend a stay in Fog's End, even if it is to just pop in and say hi to Jan and Jim!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LeeshyP_UK
New Zealand
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Our hosts were very obliging. Breakfasts great. A very enjoyable 2 night stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Placentia, California
Reviewed 18 January 2012

The Fog's End is a beautiful, rustic looking, but modern farmhouse-style B and B located inland from Cambria, CA. Our room was spacious and very clean and we slept well in our cozy bed. We had site access to the wilderness behind us where we walked and an easy drive to the Cambria sea coast. Our hosts were friendly and attentive and the food they served was delicious. The Inn itself is spacious and complete with a library lending to a sense of largess. We easily walked into the village of east Cambria each evening to explore the sights and shops and restaurants. The Innkeepers, Jim and Jan, treated my husband and I like both royalty and family while we were their guests for two days. Great experience!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Daisy Room, downstairs. Comfortable bed and great bathroom!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed 30 June 2011

This place is about 5 years old, fully modern, but successfully designed to reflect the historic character of the house that used to stand on the site. Our room was well equipped, extremely clean, and very comfortable, as were the common areas. The period bathroom with claw foot tub was immaculate, a pleasant place to spend time. The food and service by the proprietors were top notch, and they added a very personal touch to their interactions with guests that should be welcomed by folks familiar with B & Bs. With only 3 guest rooms, it's a very cozy setting, and getting to know other guests was an easy pleasure. Location close to town was great, it was possible to walk into town, but without sidewalks or street lights at night, the walk leaves room for future improvement.

My one suggestion to the owners would be to consider introducing zoned climate control. I gather there was a bit of a battle going on at night between people freezing on the ground floor from anemic heat air pressure and those on the second floor boiling over. But, we plan to stay there again. Its wasn't cheap at nearly $200/night with high season rates, so we may look for off-season rates for future visits.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple