“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Cambria
Ventura
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife and I arrived on a Sunday afternoon after leaving our motel in San Simeon that was terrible. When we arrived I asked the lady at the desk, (did not get her name but she was amazing) about an ocean view room for the night. She said she had one available and let us check out the room. She also price matched the motel we just left. We received a bottle of wine and a continental breakfast delivered to our room the next morning. The room was very nice and quiet. We will be back

Room Tip: Room 3 was Great
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Costa Mesa, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I went up to Cambria for a nice getaway from Orange County (So. California). I found this inn on hotels.com and booked it based on the location and price. But once there, I fell in love with it. The owner, Jo, I immediately hit it off with. Travelling alone especially, it was so nice as she was helpful with my internet connection (more than once!), finding a store in Cambria that would have my hard to find camera battery as it died the first day I was there, late checkout so I could walk Moonstone Beach my last day, etc. The room was perfect, very nice ocean view from the large windows. The bottle of wine upon arrival was a nice touch as well. The fact that the weather was absolutely beautiful that weekend and there was a full moon helped as well. The small continental breakfast was just perfect - a muffin and a bowl of fresh oranges and bananas cut up. Coffee was always available right outside the room door. I did not have a jacuzzi room, but I did use the jacuzzi on the property my last night after going horseback riding in Morro Bay. It was lovely. Quiet and perfect. My last night, I went across the parking lot to Moonstone Bar & Grill and it was great. I spent just two nights there and had plans all day both days. Next time, and there will definitely be a next time - no plans. I will love to go back and stay at this inn and go for walks and explore the village next time. I got there on Thursday and left on Saturday morning to go stay overnight in Morro Bay. That was fine, but I wish I had just stayed the extra night at Cambria Landing instead.

Room Tip: I understand that rooms on the opposite side from the Moonstone Bar & Grill are quieter in the e...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank EllynCostaMesa_CA
Santa Maria, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Though I've never written a view, I thought it worthwhile to try because my wife and I loved our stay here. I went looking for a place to stay for my wife's bday. I was easily able to view rooms. I highly recommend the jacuzzi suites with a fireplace, a comfortable bed, and a very spacious, quiet room. I almost didn't write this review because I don't want the room we stayed in to be booked the next time we go, but that was too selfish.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Erik J
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Drove down from Santa Cruz for a weekend getaway. This place was perfect for us. Received a bottle of sparkling wine upon checking. Front desk staff was amazing! Recommended a great nursery to buy flowers for my grandparents cemetary plots.

We were assigned room 9 upstairs, room had a balcony that faced directly to the ocean, from the side of the building. We just turned the two recliners around and watched the waves as it was raining the weekend we were there. The bed was a tad uncomfortable for my hubby who is 6'4" because it's a sleigh bed. I love that they bring you your breakfast in the morning, coffee in the hallway until your breakfast arrives.

Had dinner next door at the Moonstone Bar and Grill which was wonderful! Great sunset view, caught a few whale spouts.

This was a very relaxing trip down memory lane for me. We will be back.

It should be noted that there are probably "fancier" accomodations along Moonstone Beach, but we loved this place. Loved the fireplace too..kept it on all night for atmosphere. We will be back!

Room Tip: There are forward facing rooms to the ocean, but they are right on the street, so traffic may be an...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BabsSC
Riverside, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

My husband and I found this place over 15 years ago and have gotten back a few times over the years. Cambria Landing is the perfect mix of comfort in a beautiful, relaxing setting. We have been to a couple of other Bed & Breakfast's in Cambria, but we are not the the frilly, victorian type. We prefer simplicity. We always request room 11. It is upstairs in the corner, and has windows facing the ocean that wrap around one end of the room. The room is decorated simply (which is perfect for us). A big, comfortable wood sleigh bed, end tables, a couch and an amoir with a TV. Simple. They bring your breakfast to your door at whatever time you request the previous night. Breakfast is simple too. A fresh baked pastry item, fruit, juice, coffe and a paper. There is a round table in the corner with 2 overstuffed chairs looking out towards the ocean, The perfect spot to enjoy breakfast. This Inn also has spa cottages, but we have never tried them, as we love room 11 so much! Cambria is the perfect small town. You can stroll along the beach, visit antique stores and shops in town, wine taste at Fermentations (a shop in town that has wine tasting) or drive north a bit and tour Hearst Castle. You can also drive to Paso Robles, where there are many decent wineries. Personally, we go to Cambria to RELAX, so we rarely leave to go elsewhere.There are also many outstanding restaurants in Cambria. One of our favorites is Moonstone Beach Bar and Grill right across the parking lot from this Inn. We love that we can have drinks with dinner, and just walk across the parking lot to get to our room.

Room Tip: Corner room has huge windows with no window panes with a breathtaking view looking over the ocean. T...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple