“Cambria Pines Restaurant yummm....”

Cambria Pines Lodge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cambria Pines Lodge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 54 Restaurants in Cambria
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 34
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Cambria Pines Lodge Restaurant is one of the most popular eateries in Cambria. Known for its casually elegant ambiance and attentive service, this multi-room establishment offers intimate spaces enhanced by outstanding garden views and a unique outdoor dining option. The dinner menu features steaks, seafood, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options--and remember to save room for incredible nightly dessert specials! After dinner, enjoy cocktails, nightly entertainment, and bar snacks in the Fireside Lounge. Breakfast and lunch are also offered at Cambria Pines Lodge Restaurant. Outdoor and indoor venues are available for large groups.
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Cambia Pines Lodge Restaurant was delicious, my filet was cooked to perfection and melt in your mouth tender. The asparagus was tasty, potatoes were creamy and not over salted. The wine was a great match and we were able to take the remainder to our room. Dessert (creme Brule ) was fair, not scorched but a bit bland. Menu choices were varied with a large selection of fish and meat. Delicious meal, Outstanding ambiance and service.

1  Thank jgjg1950

Reviewed 31 August 2018

Ok so we were a big family. 22 of us. 12 adults and 10 teens/kids (from 10 to 18). We had booked 7 rooms at the lodge for the night (months ago) and were hoping to have dinner and breakfast the next morning. That was *way* too presomptuous of us apparently. It is obvious that they dislike us from the start as soon as I said "Hello, there are 22 of us but we can split on many tables if that works better for you".
The worst part is that I called ahead, both a few weeks before our family road trip, and then again multiple times the day of our arrival, between 5pm and 6:30pm. Four times in total to warn that we were coming, that we would arrive around 8pm and that we wanted to give a heads-up because we knew last seating was 9pm.
Of course they never got the message and from that point forward, we were declared "persona non grata" in their mind. The restaurant manager just didn't even look at us or me when we arrived, even after I repeated "Hello" and "Good evening" repeatedly from 3 feet away - she was apparently too busy arguing with the hotel manager about how she would not want us in the restaurant. I was standing right there but probably thought I wasn't understanding what she was saying. After 15 minutes, we were finally granted the immense honor to be accepted in the restaurant, of course split only many different tables and actually in separate rooms of the restaurant (whereas there was plenty of space to accommodate us a bit closer to each other). Luckily the food was nice and the waitress (speaking for my table alone...) was super helpful in comparison, and despite the hefty tip we left her, I feel bad for her to work in such a non-service-oriented environment.

But I feel the worst part is the next morning. It is clear that the hostess at the entrance was "briefed" by the restaurant manager to be as unhelpful as possible, for some obscure reason which I don't explain, beside the fact that there was just 22 of us... She tried to dispatch us in many different tables but luckily some waiters/waitresses noticed this and grouped us together in an empty slightly remote room (not outside on the nice terrace of course, but we never would have expected to all be seated together anyway so we appreciated the gesture). Already then, the hostess was displeased that the waiter had helped us. Then my mother had the *nerves* to ask for a glass of warm milk for one of the kids. Seeing from a distance that the hostess pretended not to understand her, I came closer and asked her if a glass of milk could be warmed "No, we don't do this here" was her response. I was baffled by the response and when I asked why we couldn't just put a glass of cold milk (from the cereal bar) in the microwave for 30 seconds, she said "We don't have microwaves here".
This was just incredible. What is wrong with such a simple request? Wouldn't you warm up milk for a baby if asked? Come on...
Again luckily a waiter came by, and when I gave him a glass of cold milk and asked if he could kindly put it in the microwave to warm it up, he said "of course" and came back 2 minutes later with it.
So they do have microwave ovens after all... but the sense of service, I guess it is still lacking for some of them. I still can't believe the dishonesty of the response.
Again a shame for this place which serves very decent food, but I can't give a better rating that "Horrible".

1  Thank erictabet
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here whilst we stayed one night on our PCH drive. We decided to have dinner here more as a matter of convenience since we were staying but wow, it wasn’t just convenience it was great!

I had the scallops and my wife the steak. The scallops were huge! And they were definitely worth the price, in fact I would have paid more. Even our complimentary breakfast buffet was more than expected.

1  Thank Shorty0012
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Good service from Carlos, excellent food and charming location. Dessert was disappointing, however. Very Sysco. A walk in the garden after dinner is a treat.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Great old fashioned hotel on the central coast of California. Full amenities, on-site restaurant, WiFi and cable, individual cabins. Easy to find off Hey. 1 near Hearst castle.