Little Sur Inn
FogCatcher Inn(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$ 246
US$ 209
Sea Otter Inn(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$ 244
US$ 174
Cambria Palms Motel(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$ 151
US$ 122
US$ 200
US$ 190
El Colibri Hotel and Spa(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$ 180
US$ 171
Pelican Inn & Suites(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$ 180
US$ 171
Blue Dolphin Inn(Cambria)
US$ 228
Cambria Pines Lodge(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$ 169
US$ 156
Travelocity
The Rigdon House(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$ 183
Orbitz.com
Oceanpoint Ranch(Cambria)(Great Value!)
US$ 170
US$ 148
Oceanpoint Ranch
All reviewscontinental breakfastgas fireplacemoonstone beachacross the streetocean fronthearst castlewood floorspastriessea chestseafood restaurant next doorroom was largepartial ocean viewhard boiled eggsoceanfront roomgranolaa nice touchwatch the sunset
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We recently stayed at the Little Sur Inn over the Thanksgiving holiday. The room was clean and well maintained and the bathroom was large with great amenities.
We had reserved a room with a partial ocean view, and it had a much better view than we were expecting. A lovely touch was that the room’s heat is maintained by a gas fireplace in the room which we found extremely cozy.
The continental breakfast was just right to start the day with coffee, cereal, toast, juice and a variety of pastries before a walk along the beach.
We found the staff at the front desk to be incredibly friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay at Little Sur Inn during future trips to beautiful Cambria!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KimAndDean
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and both times have been surprised at the rude treatment by the front desk staff. Once my trip was for a family reunion and the other was for a romantic getaway. Not sure why we came back, but I guess the fear of the unknown hotel was was greater than the displeasure of the known hotel. Won't be making that mistake next year when we return.

Rooms are fairly outdated, which is fine, but the price doesn't fall in alignment with the status of the room. I get it, you're ocean front in a quaint little town, but next time, I'd rather just stay inland and not pay the higher rates for subpar rooms and service.

Also, as other visitors noted, the hotel makes no qualms about overcharging your credit card and forcing you to call to argue before "kindly" refunding. I love Cambria, but Little Sur - not so much.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lulu_Two
littlesurinn, Owner at Little Sur Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

We sent you a message via your TripAdvisor account to give us the specifics of your concerns so that we could properly address them, however, to date we still have not received a response from you.

Little Sur Inn never randomly charges any of our guests' credit cards. As stated on the Registration card you signed at check-in Little Sur Inn is a pet free and smoke free property, any guests' violating these policies will be charged accordingly.

Having 2 of the newest hotels in Cambria, Little Sur Inn was built in 2001 and just celebrated our 10 year anniversary. Being family owned and operated, we take pride in insuring all rooms are clean and fresh at all times, including the exterior. Our pricing has always been in line with other comparable hotel properties in our area.

We apologize that you weren't completely satisfied with your recent visit and hope that you give us an opportunity to provide you with a more memorable experience in the future.

Best Regards,
Little Sur Inn Management

Reviewed 9 November 2011

What a find this is! We loved it! Friendly, helpful desk people, immaculate rooms, good location, attractive pricing, continental breakfast that stays open to 10 AM. What more could you want?
But a word on Cambria gas stations: I don't want to say they are gouging people, but both the Chevron and Shell stations in town were charging $4.49 for unleaded gas on the same day I bought it in Morro Bay, 21 miles or 26 minutes away by Highway 1, for $3.91. 58¢ per gallon, really!!

Room Tip: The top of the parking lot, the office, most of the rooms, and any handicapped access is on the upper floor. The lower floor is at street level at the street, but gradually becomes partly submerged going toward the back. The rooms seem to be the same, though.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We stayed two nights in late September, 2011 in one of the upper floor ocean-front rooms. The view of Moonstone Beach was well worth the extra cost. The room itself was large and clean. The bed was okay, but I would have preferred a pillow top over the firm mattress. The bathroom was large with a jetted tub and separate shower stall. The room came equipped with a fridge, small microwave and coffeemaker. The hotel provided a continental breakfast which featured bread (with toaster), small pastries, bagels, cream cheese, assorted jams, instant oatmeal, corn flakes and milk, yogurt, fruit, coffee and orange juice. There are dining tables inside the lobby and a wonderful garden patio outside with additional tables and chairs. The hotel had an excellent Wi-fi signal--an important consideration that is often exaggerated by hotel websites. There is a seafood restaurant next door (we didn't try it) and a bar and grill less than a half-mile down the road. Moonstone Beach has a charming boardwalk alongside the road with many stairway access points to the beach below. We had a great time at the Little Sur Inn and wouldn't hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Upper floor ocean front rooms are worth the extra cost and seemed to stary warm all night long even when the fog rolled in. We never had to run the heater.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I made a last-minute reservation here during my drive down the Pacific coast for one night, Sept. 13. I tried to book from my smartphone but wouldn't work so I called. The front desk clerk was very nice and helpful. She also made a dinner reservation for me and helped with directions. The room was spacious, very clean and comfortable. They gave me a reasonable rate of $100 which I think normally would have been for a lesser room but I received one that was big and on the 2nd floor closer to the ocean (the building juts out from the ground so think of it as a split level building of sorts). The heat came from the fireplace which I didn't need to use. There was a full sized table close to the windows with, I think, 4 chairs around it. The bathroom was quite clean and spacious as well. Plenty of parking and the ocean/beach right across the street. I really didn't notice the traffic being heavy or noisy, but I came in at dusk and left by 9am.

The only two possible minuses, and I think they're pretty minor, is the continental breakfast was a little sparse and the office closes up by 8pm (I think, and I imagine they have an after-hours number but I didn't need it).

Final note, it also wasn't far from Hearst Castle so it's a good stopping point if you're traveling on Highway 1.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room, as I think some on the first floor may have limited daylight because the building is a split level ...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo