“What a lovely, cozy hostel!”
Review of Bridge Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cambria
Bridge Street Inn
Ranked #12 of 24 Cambria B&B and Inns
Fremont, California
“What a lovely, cozy hostel!”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I arrived mid-afternoon and was warmly greeted by the host Brandon. The drive down was absolutely breathtaking, and when I saw the Bridge Street Inn my heart skipped a beat. It looked so welcoming, and is situated in a quiet neighborhood with pretty flowers lining the sidewalk and entrance.

Brandon showed me around the hostel and answered all my questions, even helping me with my bags, which is a lot better treatment than you'd get at a run-of-the-mill hotel.
I stayed overnight in room #3, an incredibly regal room with a comfortable queen-sized bed (I HIGHLY recommend this room if you're traveling as a couple or three-some) and slept very well.

The hostel is situated right in a little shopping area and has great cafes, restaurants, galleries and etc. There's loads of touring information and everyone's knowledgeable and friendly. This is possibly the most down-to-earth place along the coast of California I know.

But back to the hostel - the facilities are spotless & well kept; the house is old but beautiful and lends itself a homey feel. They promote genuine & unique sustainable practices (ask about the lid toilets!) which I really love.
In short, at the Bridge Street Inn you'll meet amazing people, get a great night's sleep for a good price, and get the convenience of having so many sights to see and activities to take part in nearby. ^.^

Room Tip: All the rooms are very sunny and welcoming but I <3 room #3 the most!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Ginkogirl
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed at the Bridge Street Inn in February 2012 and had a very happy little sojourn there for several days. We found everything perfect. There are DEFINITELY NO BEDBUGS at the hostel!!! NONE!!! ZERO!!! Apparently they had come in with a traveler sometime last summer, but since then the house was tented and there are definitely NO bugs there now.

In fact, the whole place is super clean, the beds are excellent, and it has a comfortable atmosphere that puts people at ease and fosters good times. It was excellent value - we had a lovely room, with a hearty good breakfast every morning included in the price, we met many friendly and interesting people at the hostel, and we had fun doing SO many good things out and about in the daytime.

There are so many good things to do in this area. We stayed several days, but I wish we'd had even more time to stay longer. We went to Big Sur, we went hiking through the redwood forest in Limekiln State Park (what a beauty!), we loved seeing the elephant seal colony, the Piedras Blancas lighthouse, Hearst Castle, Moonstone Beach, we went hiking along the bluffs in the natural ranch reserve right there in Cambria and saw lots of whales spouting just offshore, had fun playing games with other hostellers in the evening at the hostel (including Brandon, the friendly owner, singing his original songs and playing his guitar), ate good food the whole time we were there - it was just perfect.

When we left, we took Brandon's tip and drove out of town on Santa Rosa Creek Road, which winds through the farmland behind town, crosses a couple of mountains and Hwy. 46 (at which point the name changes to Old Creek Rd.), and eventually lets you out in Cayucos. We saw beautiful countryside and wild animals including a huge flock of wild turkeys, and the biggest bobcat I have ever seen, along with many different kinds of farm animals, orchards, old farmhouses, etc.

This was a perfect hostel experience for us and I would love to go back there anytime!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HappyTrails12345
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I agree that this hostel feels like a bed & breakfast -- charming and quaint. Wonderful stay in a fantastic location!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank JCinSF
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed one night, the 8th of August 2011. We saw the bed bugs in the morning, killed two full of blood in the small small dortoir. DISGUSTING!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sebastien G
Cambria, California
Reviewed 13 August 2011

The hostel itself is nice, except the fact that it's full of bed bugs. I woke up in the middle of the night because of the itching. And when I turned on the light, they were everywhere, on my pillow, blanket, on the walls, etc. It was a horrible experience!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple