All reviews picnic breakfast boxed breakfast picnic style puff pastry across the street four poster bed hearst castle moonstone beach paper bag ocean view cookies keurig coffee maker electric fireplace stayed one night hear the waves each morning perfect stay
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful and unique inn and provides a tranquil oasis for a romantic weekend away or a stopover on the coastal drive from San Francisco to LA. Our room had a great view of Moonstone Beach and binoculars are provided for dolphin and whale spotting. The breakfast is delivered to the room and has great fresh choices of savoury pastry or tortilla. Lovely sides of fruit, bagels and Greek yogurt and fresh juices were greatly enjoyed. On a warm day you can enjoy the breakfast on the beach or patio.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RoisinJane
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Only had a chance to stay here for 1 night, but our room was very nice - clean & comfortable. The standout for me was the breakfast in the morning!! Delivered HOT to your door at your preferred time. Just delicious. Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We spent two nights here, had wonderful service from all the employees, front desk to housekeeping. The beach is right across the street and our room had a partial view. Also had a electric fireplace that made the room very cozy. We are looking forward to our next trip!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We checked in late and the staff were very helpful. The breakfast is catered and delivered to your room hot. Rooms were spotless with very comfortable beds and pillows.
The fireplace (Electric) heats up the bedroom quickly and the sound of the ocean waves adds soothing white noise.

Room Tip: Put your breakfast order in before 8PM. Breakfast requests for 7:30 - 8:00 AM maybe better, if the hotel is full.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank joepaulsenngoro2
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Blue Dolphin Inn – Serenity Defined

Due to the fact that my 94-year-old mother’s parents had a home in Cambria, I had a high standard to meet. I wanted a hotel that was sparkling clean. I wanted a hotel that felt like home. I wanted a hotel that would bring back good memories. The Blue Dolphin Inn fit those requirements perfectly.

We visited in October and the weather was perfect. It was easy to take a drive down memory lane because the inn is close to town and the sights. Shamel Park (Cambria Country Park) has a fascinating beach where we found driftwood, moonstones and jasper - just like we did so many years ago with my grandmother. Hearst Castle is very close and the perfect way to spend a day.

I made sure that we were back in the room by sunset. It was wonderful to sink down in our cushy chairs and watch the sun set over the ocean. The sunsets were a brilliant orange - even the reflection of the sun on the water was tinged with orange. At night, I would leave a window open; and the gentle cadence of the waves lulled me to sleep just as it did when I was visiting my grandparents.

In the mornings we would awaken to the delivery of our aromatic and delicious complimentary breakfast. We enjoyed our breakfast while experiencing the scents and sounds out our windows – the sweet chirp of the birds, the cypress trees dripping with Spanish moss, and the cadence of the ever-moving sea. If I could write a dictionary definition of "serenity,” the words Cambria and Blue Dolphin Inn would help define it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family