All reviews picnic breakfast boxed breakfast picnic style puff pastry across the street four poster bed hearst castle moonstone beach paper bag ocean view cookies keurig coffee maker electric fireplace stayed one night hear the waves each morning perfect stay
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

The Blue Dolphin Inn is a little slice of heaven. Starting with the person greeting us at reception we were made to feel welcome and taken care of. Our room was well appointed, and looked as good as it was comfortable. A big cozy bed to drop into after a long drive. If you open the window you’re lulled by the sound of the ocean right across from the inn. You’re asked to choose your breakfast favorites and a time you’d like to eat. Your breakfast is delivered to your room. You can eat in your room or take the basket outside to enjoy the ocean while indulging in fresh baked goods and fruit. We took a morning walk along the stunning ocean path, a must do. Next time we’re back in central California we’ll be paying another restful visit to Blue Dolphin Inn.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Karen_Fyfe, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thank you for choosing our property and for the wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and so happy to hear you will come back and stay with us again when in the area.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

We came here for my wife’s birthday and the room requested was Everything we asked for. Even the weather cooperated and we are enjoying watching and listening to waves crashing on to the beach in beautiful sunshine.
The room is very comfortable and well appointed and the bathroom excellent.
This is a perfect hotel or nearly so............
There was a power outage last night, no electricity from 11.00pm until 5.00am. It was planned and the receptionist this morning pointed out that a letter was placed in our room regarding the outage.
Later, we found the letter, placed on the nightstand on my wife’s side of the bed it had gone unnoticed.
Why the big deal? I have severe sleep apnea and should not sleep unless I’m attached to my machine, I quit breathing!
My machine woke me at 11.00 pm to let me know I had problems and notified me at 5.00am when the power came back on. During that time I tried to stay awake and largely succeeded.
This was dangerous to my health and could easily have been prevented if we had been notified of the intended outage when we checked in or notified by email before we left home. We would have made arrangements to stay in another town.
After a night of poor sleep today has been difficult.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Donasdhu
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Had a great stay at the Blue Dolphin. Went therefor the Elephant Seals and Hearst Castle. We had an ocean view and a patio room. All the staff were excellent, but the night desk clerk Crystal went above and beyond. She brought two coffee makers until we found one that worked. I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Though the hotel is quiet and intimate, I would book the bottom floor or the top floor facing the ocean
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Karen_Fyfe, General Manager at Blue Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you for choosing Blue Dolphin Inn and for the great review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take advantage of the ocean view. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Crystal and our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed this inn on moonstone Beach during a one-night getaway , retreating from a party at our house. The setting is wonderful, with a great beach walk across the street. Bed was very comfortable , staff friendly , breakfast included and delivered to our room.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in 2018!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Stayed here fo, unfortunately, just 3 nights on an unplanned trip to escape the Thomas fires threatening our apartment in Montecito. The small hotel is terrific, as good or better than the fanciest hotels we have stayed at throughout the country and internationally. The breakfast delivered to your room by the staff who cook it right there is excellent. We were offered an "evacuation rate" for our stay due to the fires which drove us from our home, making the stay even more appreciated. Nice, very nice!

Room Tip: Get a view.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GREXUSVI

First of all I am so very sorry that you were directly affected by the fires and that that was your reason you had to stay. I hope you and your loved ones were able to stay safe. In spite, I am glad you were able to find some happiness at our property. Thank you for the wonderful review and I hope you are able to make it out to stay with us again under better circumstances.