“Impressed”
Review of Motel 6 Camarillo

Motel 6 Camarillo
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I stayed at Motel 6 in Camarillo for a short business trip. I wasn't expecting much because as you know Motel 6 is low budget. However I was surprised to find that this is the cleanest Motel 6 I have ever stayed at...I mean really clean. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The manager was such a doll and did everything she could to make my stay a pleasant experience. I will be recommending this motel to my fellow business travelers and referring them to speak with Sherry for exceptional customer service and assistance. A real diamond in the ruff.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank rmm026

Reviewed 8 May 2010

My husband and I stayed here taking care of some family business for five nights and had a completely different experience than the three negative reviews. I notice the other reviews are 3-5 years old. Perhaps the management has changed in the interim. I am generally leery of Motel 6, but had heard from a friend that the Camarillo one was “a good one” so decided to give it a try, as the price is unbeatable.

I’m glad we did. The location is excellent and convenient to many amenities. There are several fast food chains nearby, but if you want something better there are Indian, Mexican, Italian and Japanese restaurants within walking distance. A Trader Joe’s and a large drugstore are two blocks away. The pool area is pleasant and well cared for. The landscaping is much better than average motel landscaping and there is a nice man-made lake at the back of the property. The staff was gracious and helpful at all times, even when we arrived well after midnight.

It has all the Motel 6 drawbacks: small room, small towels and not many of them, very basic furniture. But for the price, I don’t mind. The only problem was that the wifi didn’t work well, which is particularly galling when you have to pay extra for it. I consider free wifi a basic expected amenity and resent having to pay extra for it.

We knew in advance what the situation would be and brought our own large bath towels and a couple of extra pillows for the bed. It was perfectly comfortable. The room and bath were clean and we slept very well. The motel was not anywhere near full, so it might not be as quiet when fully occupied. We had some extra time one day and enjoyed exploring the nearby outlet mall.

We had originally planned to stay only three nights and move to another location for two nights, but we were so happy here, we decided to spend all five nights here. We’ll be in Camarillo again next fall and will definitely return to this Motel 6.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank onlinealterego
Reviewed 6 July 2007

Alas, we were just plain tired. On our way to Santa Barbara we decided to stop and stay somewhere cheap for the night. Bad choice- If you find yourself in this situation I would recommend you keep going to your destination if possible. If you don't mind rude staff that quite frankly hate their job, dingy rooms that I personally wouldn't walk on the carpet with barefeet, and questionable people loittering around the front office asking for spare change, then by all means stay here! My tip- plan ahead period. There are many other motels in this area. For instance, Comfort Inn, Marriott Courtyard, Holiday Inn, and many others. The trick is you have to make a reservstion because they book up fast. Motel 6 Camarillo is truly a last resort in my opinion. But if you do stay, just get in late and leave as soon as the sun is up! Make it as short and sweet as possible. Who know's we may find ourselves their again someday (hopefully not!) and it wouldn't be the end of the world, I guess........

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank road2getaway
Reviewed 5 July 2006

The clerk on duty insisted on getting my driver's license information, including birth date, and recorded it in the system. The poster on the was specifically said that Motel 6 does not require DL, but the clerk refused us a room (already paid for over the web) unless a DL was given.
The room smelled, light switch was not working, pillows and towels were missing, and we were charged more than the maximum room price posted on the door. The clerk kept saying that he could not care less, and refused to give his last name.

• Stayed: June 2006
9  Thank janyap
A TripAdvisor Member
Switzerland
Reviewed 12 December 2004

The place is right off the highway - easy access. The rooms are small and dark. There was a terrible smell in this room that we could not get rid off. IHOP next door. Would not stay there again.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member