“NOISY!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Arcadia, California
“NOISY!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

The first room we were assigned was at the front of the hotel and was very noisy because of the freeway being directly across the street. We asked to be changed to a quieter room and got one near the back of the building instead. Not better, as we were unable to sleep well because there was so much noise from people walking on the outside hallway late at night in high heels/hard shoes and rolling luggage. Also, people walking and talking loudly in the room above ours. This went on intermittently until four o'clock in the morning. The air conditioning/ heating unit was one of the old fashioned ones that sits under the window and the room was cold so we turned it on to get the room warmer but it was so loud that we could not even hear the TV, much less sleep with it on. We turned it off, but then we could hear the unit in another room running, so more noise.

The bathtub had black stains on the bottom of it and what looked like a rusty ring around it.

The breakfast was not at all appetizing. The bagels and rolls were not fresh, the eggs looked like something that had fallen off from an egg McMuffin and laid in the container until they dried up and got cold. There was a variety of food, but nothing looked very good. It wasn't rotten or spoiled, just dried out and cold.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Park Forest, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stayed here one night. I had ordered a King size bed smoking room. I got the smoking room, but no King sized bed. It was two doubles. Not a big deal, I was alone. The room was in the back of the hotel. I thought that Quality Inns had indoor entrances to their rooms. This one did not. When I am traveling alone, I like to have my door on an inside hallway. I didn't try their breakfast, but the front desk and breakfast area was absolutely tiny. Maybe three very small tables. There was no coffee or anything available in the afternoon, when I checked in. This was a VERY basic hotel. No real amenities or decor. The front desk check in was fine, the lady was helpful. My biggest complaint was that it is in the middle of nowhere. Nothing is far away, but it is very isolated. Drink vending machine was working when I was there and the pool liked nice. Didn't seem all that clean, and the bathroom is really not big enough to put clothes on after showering. All I can say is "meh". Go a mile down the road and there are much nicer places.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Camarillo hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

My wife had booked a Queen Suite for 3 nights while visiting family. We checked out after the 1st night (no penalty, fortunately). The hotel is very close to the freeway, and when we arrived I asked for a quiet room. We were told that the suites we'd reserved were the closest rooms to the freeway, and that we wanted a quiet room we'd be downgraded (the desk clerk said "if you keep the windows closed and run the air conditioner at night you won't notice the noise."!!). We took the cheaper room but the noise was intolerable. The next morning we asked if we could get one of the rooms furthest from the freeway, but the clerk said, "I think those are all smoking rooms." (Shouldn't he know?) A few other details: the bathroom fan ran any time the light was on and sounded like a small plane taking off, yet was ineffective. The picture in the room was crooked, but was screwed to the wall so it couldn't be straightened. Breakfast was only served until 9 -- other hotels we stayed at on this trip served until 10. The hotel generally showed signs of deferred maintenance. Not the worst hotel I've ever stayed at, but certainly in the top 5. After we checked out my wife said, "I should have remembered that 'quality' can be positive or negative." We moved to the nearby Hampton Inn and it was worlds better for a comparable price.

Room Tip: The quietest rooms are the smoking rooms at the back of the hotel -- but quiet is relative in this c...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Fontana, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

I stayed here on a weekend with my mom. Thought I was getting QUALITY but I was in for a surprise. First of all, the hotel was all by itself away from the main part of town. They gave us a Full bed, instead of Queen. My mom and I were sharing the bed, and there was hardly much room to sleep comfortably. I know it was NOT a queen like they stated. The room was in bad need of renovation. The carpet was ripped and dirty, the bathroom had ants in it, and our TV only got a few stations, not even HBO! The grossest part was, our bath towels were damp and had hair on them! I had to exchange most of them for new, clean ones. The continental breakfast was not very good, and there wasn't enough room for the guests to eat. The guy behind the desk never got up to refill the orange juice or food items. The pool was taken up by a family of 8 with their kids jumping in with their clothes on! When I called them about ants, they were asking ME what I wanted them to do! the guy came up and sprayed stinky ant spray everywhere. The next morning, when I took a shower, ants came out of the shower head! When I checked out I complained and the guy told me all he could do was give me 10% off, which is basically a few bucks. I refused. I let them know I wanted to hear from the manager, left my contact info, and never heard back. Numerous times I left messages. Finally I had to call their Customer Service department. They had the manager write me a letter of apology, and offered me nothing! I got a RUDE lady who gave me an attitude! After all this hassle I did get a gift certificate for a small amount off my next stay at a Choice Hotel. I don't know if I even want to stay at another one of their hotels! I would recommend staying at the Days Inn over this place! Stay away!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Long Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

I believe this hotel used to be a Comfort Suite and for some reason it was made into a Quality Inn and Suite. This hotel is no way close to to Quality Suite hotel. We have stay in many of the Quality, Comfort, Clarion and even Sleep Inn's the this hotel might have been rated with the Sleep hotel not the Quality. We had a Queen Suite and it was very small and dated for sure. The bed was not even close to a Queen size and very uncomfortable and the Quality hotels always have great bed and bedding. We had some ants in the bathroom and the continental breakfast was not a Quality hotel breakfast, not even close. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple