“Treat yourself!”

Indian Springs Resort Spa
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Spent a wonderful day here with 2 friends. We were advised that we had to have a treatment, which were pricey, but included the use of the thermal pools for the whole day. If we had come at the weekend, there would have been an additional $50 charge.
We started off with a laze in the warm waters of the outdoor thermal pool - which is right beside the geyser. The water is surprisingly warm and so soothing. There are plenty of floating 'lilos' and foam shapes to use. Then I had a Deep Tissue massage ($160) with David. He had good strong hands and I was very happy with the massage. There are about 10(?) rooms where treatments are delivered. All very clean and professional. Afterwards I spent 45 minutes enjoying the calming relaxation area by the Buddha Pool.

My friends had the Revitalizing Foot Massage ($145 for 50 minutes) - they loved it.
We paid as we were leaving - envelopes are available at the desk where tips can be left for the therapist who delivered your treatment.

There are lockers to the right of Reception (same level as treatments), and also upstairs by the pool. The latter area has many private shower units (and a spinner for your wet swimming gear), whereas downstairs the shower is in the same area as the Mud Baths. If you're the shy type, you may not be comfortable with the open plan design of this ground floor shower facility - there is no shower curtain, and other unclothed clients were walking to and from the mud baths. No problem - just sayin'!

Really enjoyed the day! Definitely recommend - spend 4 or 5 hours there if possible.

1  Thank Taiscemara
"hotel guests"
"downtown calistoga"
"unique experience"

Reviewed 2 April 2018

After a wonderful swim in the mineral pool, mudbath, mineral bath, and steam room, (and cooldown with cool cucumbers on my eyes), I had one of the best massages of my life (thanks Jonathan!). I love the "retro" resort feel (shuffleboard, anyone?) and the pool definitely gives a unique experience. HIghly recommended for a friends' spa day.

1  Thank kheinemeier
Reviewed 3 March 2018

This is an old spa with new updates. I've been going for years. Go for the volcanic mud bath and massage. You can also swim in the 1910 geyser-heated mineral pool - it is gorgeous. There is also a hotel and little cottages if you want to stay. Upgrades are unobstrusive and the vibe is still very peaceful. Right in walking distance from everything in town. A nice winter break.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

For a mud bath review, see review dated 8/29/17 from josefinaaguayo - it describes exactly my opinion of this mudbath experience. It was not relaxing, not private and not the type of mudbath I would do again.

The resort grounds are lovely and our accommodations very nice. We were in a hill view room on the ground floor. Unfortunately there were guests above us and you can here their movements at all times. I found the water pressure and hvac to be very good and the bed was comfortable. There was a coffee pot in the room. I don't understand why hotels can't add more bathroom hooks and/or bars - definitely need more here. The heavy drapes are on metal rings on a metal rod which is lovely until one person wants to open the drapes in the morning - these do not move quietly.

Gluten free options poolside are nonexistent.

Date of experience: October 2017