“dream vacation”

GreenLeadersGold level
new york
“dream vacation”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I have boasted about my trip to Calistoga Ranch to ALL of my friends and family so its time to share my review here. My four day stay at the ranch was a dream vacation come true.. It is truly a rarity that I can say I feel completely at peace anywhere- but as soon as I entered the ranch gates I felt so unbelievably relaxed. The property is awe strikingly beautiful and quiet. I loved wandering the property on foot, swimming and relaxing by the GORGEOUS pool with views of the wine country, hiking up the hillside and watching the deer, soaking in the spa tubs, biking down to local vineyards. I loved the indoor/outdoor design of the suite with indoor fireplaces, private jacuzzi, outdoor shower and insanely plush beds. The photography on the website perfectly captures the luxury of these rooms. The staff was so incredibly warm and inviting, every towel or meal was delivered with the sincerest smile. The level of hospitality I experienced there was that of a 7 star resort but more importantly I was also granted the kind of privacy one needs and values when escaping the big city!

I can't wait for everyone I love in my life to experience the beauty of the Calistoga Ranch. I still dream of my return visit!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank olivia m
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Olivia M,

Your review just made our day. We are so thrilled to read that you took full advantage of many of our luxurious resort amenities. Personally the daily sightings of our deer always brightens my day. We agree that the moment you "cross over the bridge" to the resort something comes over you and calm ensues. Our team prides itself on providing the highest level of service and every single one of them truly loves what they do. We are here to create a once in a lifetime experience for each guest. Thank you for taking the time today to share the highlights from your stay and we will look forward to having you back with us again very soon.

Coni Thornburg
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2012

First off, I'd like to start this review by calling attention to another review that's just plain obnoxious and childish. I'm talking to you catattack33388. Your story is more aggressive than your username. Do yourself a favor, change your username so people may consider taking you serious and learn to relax. That's what places like Calistoga are all about. And let me tell you something about writing reviews. Be brief. Good or bad. No one wants to read a novel about how many times you were unhappy. Okay, enough about catattack, lets talk about Calistoga Ranch. In my humble opinion, Calistoga is sublime. The service is fit for kings. The food makes you smile and the rooms just can't be beat. The room I stayed in with my fiance reminded me of the home in The Swiss Family Robinson. I recommend everyone considering staying here do yourself a favor and do it. You won't regret it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jonny L
JonnyL,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled that it was a "ten thumbs up" stay. I think this is the very first time that we have been equated to the likes of the Swiss Family Robinson experience but I would have to agree that our property is unique and luxurious like no other. We are delighted that you enjoyed the culinary experience and the sublimity of the surroundings. Ultimately providing friendly but sophisticated service is what drives us as a team and we want everyone to walk away with their own personalized visit. We hope to have you with us again soon.

Manhattan, New York, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Amazing. This is one of the most wonderful properties in the US. Set in a beautiful landscape, with helpful and friendly staff, Calistoga Ranch is one of the best vacation properties I have ever experienced. I recently stayed with my fiance for a four day stay, the staff helped us plan our wine tastings and helped book us for a private tasting at Outpost Wines. It was one of the highlights of the trip, a very romantic suggestion and a vineyard we never would have found on our own.

In addition to the great landscape, outdoor pool, spa and staff- the rooms are incredible!! The rooms are based on a indoor/ outdoor experience. The room we stayed in had an indoor/ outdoor living room, a great hot tub on the deck, and a huge outdoor shower space. Living in Manhattan, I LOVED all the private outdoor amenities. We also had breakfast 2 mornings in our room- both of which were incredible. Much more than I expect from a hotel kitchen.

This is a perfect getaway for anyone that can needs instant serenity.

Room Tip: Request a room with an outdoor shower!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MissMallett
MissMallett,
Thank you so much for taking the time to send TripAdvisor your thoughts. I am over the top when I read comments like these from our guests. This is the experience that our staff envisions for every guest. Gloria and Greg, our concierges are really amazing at what they do and gauge each and every tasting and tour to the personal preferences of the guest. We work with so many outstanding vintners that there is always something for everyone. I am very happy that you enjoyed your time with us. We will look forward to seeing you again, when you are needing an escape to serenity.

Saranac Lake, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2012

What a wonderful time we had staying at the Calistoga Ranch! We found the property easily among the rolling hills of wine country and were greeted upon arrival with many friendly smiles and staff that were very accommodating. We stayed in a 1-bedroom lodge that was beyond our expectation! The lodge featured a beautiful king bedroom with the most amazing bathroom which included its own outdoor shower. Of course, the interior bathroom has an amazing soaking tub as well with indoor shower, but we took full advantage of this wonderful outdoor facility. The king bedroom is connected to the luxurious living room, by an outdoor living room complete with your own hot tub and fireplace; a perfect place to enjoy the California weather. The amenities in the room were top notch, including their own wine! You can even explore their vineyard, which is next to a spectacular pool to relax by. The hiking trails around property were wonderful and the staff was extremely helpful to plan your day, including making any wine tasting reservations and/or dinner reservations we wanted. The restaurant was delish and I can't wait to get back there! What a fabulous way to experience the wine region. Thank you Calistoga Ranch for some amazing memories!!! We will be sure to stay again!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 12 August 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am especially thrilled that you enjoyed our very own wine and took advantage of our nearby vineyards. The pool is one of the most relaxing and beautiful places in the valley. We are so proud to be one of the only resorts to grow our fruit and produce amazing wines that we can share with our guests upon their welcome. I have to agree that the outdoor shower is one of the spectacular amenities of our little serene corner of the Napa Valley. I am so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations and create an unforgettable stay for you. We will be awaiting for your returnj here at the Ranch.
Coni Thornburg, General Manager
East Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 6 May 2012

My husband and our dog spent a wonderful weekend together at Calistoga Ranch. The highlights - spa absolutely amazing and wonderful staff, the tasting menu at The Lakehouse was one of the best meals we have ever had, concierge fantastic, and the bell staff/shuttle service were great!

A few things could improve - bar/restaurant service at pool was abysmal - very slow, surly and food not that great. A Kobe beef hot dog took over an hour and tasted like a ball park frank. Cleaning staff process a bit frantic - 4 interruptions in 2 hours while napping with privacy sign up.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
CalistogaRanch, General Manager at Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to deliver me your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our amazing, award winning Bathhouse Spa, it really is an experience like no other. We are also very happy that your culinary tour at the Lakehouse exceeded your expectations. Our Chef is simply amazing and creates an adventure right here on property that rivals the best in the Napa Valley. We appreciate the detailed feedback that you provided about your experience at our pool. This is not the standard that we strive to provide and I have shared all your comments with our team and we will use this valuable information to ensure that the experience at the pool never falls short of our guest's expectations.
We will look forward to your return and appreciate all that you have shared with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
13.4 km away
24.0 km away
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#6 of 6 in Yountville

Been to Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK