“Taste and learn about California sparkling wine”

Schramsberg Vineyards
Ranked #2 of 68 things to do in Calistoga
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Schransberg was the first winery we visited in Napa and one of our favorites.The road up to the winery looks like a private drive and is hard to spot. Actually, it is the road to the original owners' home and the winery, and it winds through some beautiful redwoods. We arrived for a morning tour and were escorted through the caves by a very knowledgable guide who seemed to enjoy his work. I've been to champagne makers in France, so I was interested in seeing a California winery that produced bubbly. Our tour group was only five people, so the experience was very personal. The information about how the bottles were stacked and the demonstration of how they were turned and the sediment extracted was interesting and educational. At the end we tasted some wonderful sparkling and still wines. Great start for our winery weekend!

All reviews
"wine club"
in 19 reviews
"entire tour"

Reviewed 23 January 2018

The history of this winery is incredible. We went into the caverns to learn how the bubbly was made and it was an education in and of itself. Our guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. Not to mention their great tasting products. I was impressed!
I was there with my daughter and her fiancé'. They are club members.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

I went through a long planning process to get a reservation for my group at this location on the last day of our Napa trip. I went through the booking process, provided a credit card and we showed up on time. Much to my dismay, we were told we had no reservation and were asked for a confirmation email. I had none, nor was I aware that I was supposed to have one. The hostess was dismissive and a bit condescending. To add insult to the situation where eight of us were left without a tour, they told us we needed to leave the lobby area because they were starting the tour we were supposed to be taking.

1  Thank mschaaxp
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

We booked the cave tasting to celebrate our 20th anniversary. When we arrived an employee was outside taking a personal call and said to go inside. Once inside the employee there said the employee (outside who just sent us in) would check us in. Not exactly the welcoming you’d expect. The wines were beautiful and the tour was ok at best. Our guide had trouble answering basic questions regarding quantity of wines per year and winery size. Overall we were disappointed and expecting much more for the price. Napa is full of inviting wineries. Would not go back and wish we would have picked a different winery to celebrate.