“Missing reservation with no attempts to help from anyone.”

Schramsberg Vineyards
Ranked #3 of 76 things to do in Calistoga
Reviewed 24 December 2017

I went through a long planning process to get a reservation for my group at this location on the last day of our Napa trip. I went through the booking process, provided a credit card and we showed up on time. Much to my dismay, we were told we had no reservation and were asked for a confirmation email. I had none, nor was I aware that I was supposed to have one. The hostess was dismissive and a bit condescending. To add insult to the situation where eight of us were left without a tour, they told us we needed to leave the lobby area because they were starting the tour we were supposed to be taking.

1  Thank mschaaxp
in 9 reviews
"unique experience"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

We booked the cave tasting to celebrate our 20th anniversary. When we arrived an employee was outside taking a personal call and said to go inside. Once inside the employee there said the employee (outside who just sent us in) would check us in. Not exactly the welcoming you’d expect. The wines were beautiful and the tour was ok at best. Our guide had trouble answering basic questions regarding quantity of wines per year and winery size. Overall we were disappointed and expecting much more for the price. Napa is full of inviting wineries. Would not go back and wish we would have picked a different winery to celebrate.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

This was our first tour/winery stop on our trip to Napa. The tour was FANTASTIC. We had a knowledgeable and very warm/nice/charming tour guide. She was so great. The caves were fantastic. The history and story of this winery is so great. I do feel they could charge a bit less for the tour, but understandable after you take the tour. We were able to taste a bonus Pinot Noir; it was delicious.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

My 2nd visit because the 1st was so good I had to come back. Each time I learn so much more. Love these original caves. Our guide Beth was fantastic. So informative. Love the history and learning the process. Love the beautiful grounds and the tasty bubbles.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

This is one of the original Napa vineyards and the home and some of the buildings have been restored to their original splendor. The tour, which includes the caves where the sparkling wines are made and aged, is very interesting and well worth your time. We had the $125 wine and cheese pairing tour. Sampled 4 of their sparkling, champagne style wines, a rose and Jamie Cabernet Sauvignon. The cheeses and fruits were excellent. Learned a lot about their wines. This tour is for about 12 people -don’t miss your appointment time.