“Overnight stay”

Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My husband and I went to our first overnight spa, we had a wonderful times. We choose to have a couples mud bath, it was so relaxing and the treatment we recieved was great! Our room was very spacious, and it was quite that's what we needed. It was a great time and the price wasn't bad either. We will be going back again, this year. This is our NEW get a way...Amanda Bridgman.....Modesto, California

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amandaken

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Although I did not stay at this hotel, I was pleased with the service at the day spa. The receptionists were very cordial and accommodating to me as a non-hotel guest, and the massage therapist, Betina, was excellent. I received a blissfully relaxing back massage from her, and was later able to enjoy the mineral pools with my family after the massage was complete. I have been to other hot springs around the world, and the water in the mineral pool did indeed seem like the real thing. I would definitely recommend this spa for its pool and for the quality of its massage therapists.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank H S
Reviewed 14 March 2012

When we arrived the first thing that I noticed was the smell it smelled like rotten eggs. The session cost 125 dollars and it included a mud bath, jacuzzi soak, blanket wrap, and massage. The massage lasted 30 minutes. The massage was by far the best part of the entire session. The blanket wrap was a joke being that all we did was get in the middle of the blanket and somebody came in and folded the longer blanket over us, I am under a blanket every night when I sleep and my blankets are much more comfortable so you can imagine how disappointed I was when I realized that literally all it was..was a blanket wrap, we were not given any sandals to walk comfortably through the property. I will certainly not return it is not a good value for the money and the results are mediocre. I do not understand how they can get away with calling this place a spa it has no vanity for people to freshen up after the fact that I have been bathing in mud. Once is going to be more than enough for me!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Gladys P
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My boyfriend and I were just at Golden Haven Spa this last weekend. Whether it was the front desk staff or Cristian (our spa attendent) the customer service was GREAT. They made us feel like they wanted us there just as much as we wanted to be there.

The mud bath was great. My skin still feels great days later.

I will be back for sure. And I recommend it to anyone that is in the area.
The only thing I would like enjoyed more was if they allowed pets. I normally don't travel without my dog.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sal515
Reviewed 7 March 2012

You should overnight on premises after a relaxing mud bath. The waters are naturally hot and not very sulfuric in smell. They have 3 pools: two jacuzzis of different temperatures and a colder swimming pool. They cool their waters with town's treated water.

Room 11 is a suite: separate bedroom with a queen size bed, and the living room with a king size bed. A quad-occupancy room with a mudbath costs less than $130 a person. Don't expect to use the inn beyond sleep, spa and swim. Walls are thin and security is lax. It's in a residential neighborhood, off the main street of Calistoga. WiFi signal is spotty, but then again, why on earth do you need to go online when you're supposed to unplug and unwind.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the pool. You will feel cold upon leaving the swimming area... so it's best...