All reviews the pub golf course machrihanish dunes play golf first class kintyre club sister hotel shuttle bus golf break high standard bedroom cottage great golf unlimited golf clubhouse bar spent nights wonderful hotel remote location
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

This was my second time visiting with three friends, for a two night stay and golfing binge. It will not the last. The cottages are top quality and more than adequate for what we required. Breakfast buffet in the Ugadale itself set us up for a long day golfing. In total we played 63 holes over three days, sore paws every night. We dined at the Royal Hotel which they bused us too and back and also the old clubhouse, both were excellent. In all a very enjoyable experience which I’d recommend to all my golfing buddies. Roll on next year.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Greg S, Manager at The Ugadale Hotel & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thanks for joining us and sharing your review! We're so glad you enjoyed your golfing binge and are thrilled to hear you'll be back. Next time, you may try a wee spa break to help those sore paws. See you soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights (Wed 11th April to Fri 13th April), We had a fantastic break, accommodation was beautiful (i felt décor was aimed at the boys, quite dark, antler chandelier - this is not a negative though , the cottages were beautiful), we stayed in Cottage no 1, very spacious and well thought out. Cottage no 1 is an upstairs apartment, beautiful entrance hall flooded with light. Great views across the water from all the windows.
I would like to say the customer service was absolutely amazing, every person we came across delivered great service from in the pub beside the cottages, to the hotel receptionist and the waiter serving breakfast, to the housekeepers, to the waitresses in the Royal Hotel in Campbeltown, to the gentleman who drove us back and forward in the courtesy bus.
My husband played the Dunes Golf course twice and really enjoyed the experience. Again receiving great service.
The last thing I need to mention was the food, Good meals both in the pub and in The Royal Hotel but the breakfast served in the Ugadale Hotel was outstanding, everything was piping hot and was beautifully cooked.
All in all a great couple of days

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank BigH51

What a wonderful and thoughtful review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay—from the spacious accommodations to our delicious dining offerings and everything in between! We certainly hope to welcome you and your husband again soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

I was lucky enough to win a 2 night stay with golf at the cottages and took my wife and son. I must say it was a fantastic trip. From the moment we got there every thing was perfect and the staff made us all feel most welcome. The cottage itself was excellent, everything was provided that you need, and had a nice sea view. We eat in both the small pub and in the Seaview grill and found both meals to be excellent and very well priced, but the star was the cooked breakfast, the best my wife and myself have had on our travels. The Dunes golf course really surprised me as i had heard mixed reports, don't worry , this is Links golf old school and i loved it. Drivable par 4s, massive par 5s and you have to experience the undulations on some of the greens and views to die for, for any links fan this is a must play. I was asked on several occasions if i would come back- Great staff, lovely accommodation , amazing food and world class golf it will become an annual pilgrimage. Thanks so much

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Greg S, Manager at The Ugadale Hotel & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you for your review and for joining us with your family. We're thrilled to hear we could be a part of your anniversary and your new annual tradition! We look forward to welcoming you again for more delicious on-site dining and some rounds on our incredible links course.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We booked a party of 25 for golf and an overnight stay in cottages and hotel. We were not disappointed. The accommodation is very high standard and all in our group made complimentary comments on their couple of days. The staff couldn’t do enough for us and totally recommend to anyone.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Greg S, Manager at The Ugadale Hotel & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for joining us and taking the time to review your stay, Iain! We're grateful for the opportunity to host you and your group in our stunning accommodations and are so happy to hear out staff made you all feel welcome. We hope you'll join us again soon!

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

We rented 2 cottages from Monday 15th to Friday to 19th as the hotel was closed. We thought we'd be getting cooked breakfast in the bar area in the morning, but no! We had to drive 6 miles to get a hot breakfast. We did have a continental breakfast supplied in the room but it was only refilled the once. Half a carton of orange juice that was never replaced! The next morning i asked the staff if we could move to the Royal hotel as they had space to be told that we'd have to pay for the rest of the week for both cottages and on top of that wed have to pay £129 per room. We paid £205 per night for 4 nights per cottage totalling £1640. I come here for work at least 5 to 6 time's year. I won't be back to this hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Barry M
Greg S, Manager at The Ugadale Hotel & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay, Barry. It's clear to me from reading your review and discussing with my team that a miscommunication occurred along the way. The Ugadale Cottages are discounted in the off-season to reflect certain services on-site that are not available throughout the winter, such as a cooked breakfast. During that time, we offer breakfast baskets. When we discovered that you were not satisfied with this, we arranged to have a hot breakfast for you at our sister hotel located 5.5 miles away. In doing so, we understood that you preferred the hot breakfast and made note to not continue delivering breakfast baskets. We apologize if we misunderstood your wishes.

As far as the hotel change, we do apologize for the confusion. When customers book via a third-party site such as Booking.com, we are unable to change the rates you've already booked or adjust the payment you've already submitted to that site.

The Ugadale Hotel and Cottages have a great team of hospitality professionals who take pride in taking care of our valued guests. I know that they would do anything in their power to make our guests happy, and we are disappointed that we were unable to deliver on this for you during your stay.

We hope that you would give us a chance to welcome you back.

Greg Sherwood