“Village Host Pizza and Grill Down Home Eats”

Village Host Pizza & Grill
Ranked #65 of 193 Restaurants in Burlingame
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 22 January 2018

The garlic chips are simple but very good and you can't go wrong with whatever you order on the menu. The sandwiches, pizza and salad bar are great at the end of a game and to socialize with friends.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

somewhat of a mixed bag here, its a restaurant, takeout pizza and small bar area but the staff needs to be trained on how to be professionals.

I ordered my pizza and then went to the bar and had to remind everyone after 20 minutes i still didn't get my pizza....they assured me it was coming next.

the pizza is fine, the beer selection is also fine...although a bit pricey...seems high that a pint of bud is $4.50 in a little place like this....they had laginitas for $5.50

one thing rubbed me the wrong way, i asked the bartender for silverware, he told me to walk over and get it on the other side of the pizza counter...that resonse cracked me up that his interpretation of customer service is to send a customer to go get his own silverware while he leans against the wall BSing with his friends....needless to say i downgraded his tip and did without silverware.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Walked from our hotel into Burlingame in search of supper. Wanted something quick and inexpensive. This place is dark and everything felt a little 'sticky' but seemed to be popular so decided to risk it. Ordered a pizza to share. You order and pay at the counter and can eat in or take away. Our pizza seemed to take a long time and when we collected it found the crust to be a little over fired but the pizza was thin and well made.
Wouldn't recommend this place for a night out but the pizza was good and well priced. Very convenient.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We arrived at our hotel and called to have a burger and sandwich delivered. They said it would be about 30 to 45 minutes for delivery. At 45 minutes, I called to see where the order was, they said it was somehow lost and not sure what happened. They said the would put another order in and "rush" it. I asked how quickly "rushed" would be and was told 40 minutes. I told them no thanks, and requested a refund on our card which they gladly did. We may try again, but not waste time on their delivery.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I love their combo personal pizza for myself. Larger pizza's when I am with my wife and friends. Good sandwiches cooked in pizza oven. Salad bar is OK.