“For oyster & chowder lovers”

New England Lobster Market & Eatery
Ranked #1 of 186 Restaurants in Burlingame
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: New England Lobster Market & Eatery is an authentic east coast seafood experience in the San Francisco area. We started in the wholesale business delivering quality seafood at a great value and took that experience to serve customers at our restaurant. Whether you're shopping at the market or grabbing a meal at the eatery, when you visit you'll discover live Maine lobsters, Dungeness crabs, mussels and more. Diners at our restaurant love the dressed lobster rolls, lobster corn chowder and crab nachos. We welcome families and can accommodate business group and parties in our space. We also serve beer, wine and champagne to complement your meal. As long-time merchants in the wholesale shellfish business, we are able to consistently delight our customers with great prices and superb products. We promise you won't find an experience like ours anywhere else in the Bay Area! Eatery Hours: 11am-9pm daily
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Very busy restaurant bringing together seafood lovers. Oysters are one of the best and always large variety, with 3-5 kinds for $1.5 during happy hour (3-6pm). Lots of beers, wines and food are on the happy hour menu. Amazing lobster and corn chowder!! And great crab salad. Tacos are soggy and the rest of the menu is too greasy, won't work for those trying to eat healthy.

Danny R, Manager at New England Lobster Market & Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Tatami, I'm thrilled you're such a big fan of our food, especially our happy hour menu. It's awesome to hear that you love our lobster and corn chowder, but I do apologize if you weren't crazy about the tacos. That's disappointing, and I'll be sure to pass your feedback on to our kitchen staff. That being said, I hope you'll make it back soon!

Till then,

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch yesterday due to our hotel close by. The restaurant was packed and our food was good. We both had the lobster chowder which had plenty of lobster. Also had the lobster tacos and half a lobster roll. The lobster roll was tiny, maybe two bites, however we enjoyed the food. We ordered at the counter and were charged a 15 percent tip, which paid the server to carry the food to us, and then told us to go get our own silverware. Otherwise would have been five stars.

Danny R, Manager at New England Lobster Market & Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

It's great that you stopped by and enjoyed the lobster chowder, tacos, and roll. You rock! I do, though, apologize if you weren't overly impressed with our customer service. That's disappointing, and I'll definitely have a talk with our team to ensure that every guest is treated kindly and is properly helped. Hope you'll make it back in the future!

All the best,

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Wow, this place is really good, and I'm pretty sure many other people thought the same thing because the place was packed. I'm not going to spend much time raving about the lobster since everyone else has already done so; it was delicious and fresh by the way. Instead, I also want to point out that the chowder and bread were extremely good as well. I'm probably going to need more excuses to come out to the peninsula from now on so I can get my lobster fix.

The menu is pretty lacking if you don't want seafood, but honestly, why else would you come here? :)

Danny R, Manager at New England Lobster Market & Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Raymond, I'm already makin' that list of excuses for you to come out to the peninsula more often! But seriously, I'm thrilled you were so impressed with our lobster and chowder. That means a lot, so thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to welcoming you back next time you want that lobster fix.

'Til next time,

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

What a treasure this place is!
I order the naked Lobster so good so fresh, so delicious you MUST COME HERE
The decor is super cute! Fast service!
I’ll definitely come back!

Danny R, Manager at New England Lobster Market & Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

It's awesome you think we're a treasure. What a great compliment -- thanks! I'm thrilled you loved the naked lobster. Can't wait 'til next time.

Kindly,

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Came here for the first time with the family. They have a pretty large eating area that’s both inside and outside.

Customer service:

Pro:
Friendly staff

Con:
A little bothered by the fact they point out the tipping section before you complete your credit card payment at the register.

Food:

Twin tales- 2 lobster tales and sides- little one liked it (so did my hubby as he kept nibbling from her plate lol).

Fish tacos and shrimp tacos- hubby REALLY liked it.

Crab nachos.... very disappointing. First off they don’t use nacho chips but potato chips. There wasn’t very much crab on my order either. I had a few bites and just threw the rest away. I don’t suggest that item at all.

Lobster soup- delicious!

This is an decent place to go if you’re looking for a simple seafood meal. I would go again and try something else on their menu. I just won’t order the crab nachos. Lol

It's great you and your family stopped in and that your little one (and hubby) loved the twin tales. I'm also glad you enjoyed our lobster soup, but I apologize if the crab nachos weren't quite what you were looking for. I'm glad, though, that you'll be back to try other options from our menu. See you then!

Kindly,